Saturday, November 19, 2005

Good morning everyone! Happy Saturday! I was driving home from St. Cloud yesterday afternoon and had made it as far as Clear Lake, Mn. when my cell started ringing. Adam calling from the airport in The Cities. Lori and Pun were there to pick him up and drive him to Iowa but they had to recover his luggage first. Told him I was an hour from The Cities and would see him at home. Anyway, the trip down 94 and then the 494 was relatively quick, for a Friday afternoon, and uneventful. Bumber to bumper traffic at 55 to 85 mph on the 494 with a cement retaining wall in the middle...... It varies from minute to minute so you'd better not be napping! Got into Bloomington and gave him a call to see if he had received his luggage and hit the road. Hmmmmm..... Told me that he had turned north coming out of the airport and that he was heading to "Canada". I asked if he meant "Little Canada", which is a northern 'burb up by Columbia Heights. He said "no, Canada the country". Duh!!! They got turned around and headed back south and were actually by "the big Target store near 35" as I was talking to him. I guessed Lakeville/Farmington and by golly, I was right. Figured I'd be 30 minutes going the last mile on the 494 to get to 35W southbound and another 30 minutes behind them so I told him once again that I'd see him at home. That last mile on the 494 went as quickly as could be and I was on 35W south in no time. The traffic there was moving at a fairly smooth 75 mph and I had a thought that I might actually catch up to them before getting to Iowa. I'm driving through Albert Lea and hour and a half later when the cell rings again with Adam asking me where I'm at. They had stopped for gas and food at the TA in Albert Lea and I'd passed them. Told him to meet me at the rest area at Northwood, Iowa in a few minutes. I'd been there about 10 minutes when they pulled into the rest area. Adam in shorts, Lori in jeans and a sweatshirt, and Pun in his Tee shirt. Don't these people realize that it's cold outside? This ain't Arizona, baby! We talked for a few minutes then I went to BK and they took off south. It was good!

Ran into Jackal as he was out wandering aimlessly about the darkened streets when we were on our way to Hy Vee to get milk. He stopped at the house shortly after we got back and we talked for awhile. Ren and Heather showed up.... Heather has a new ring on her left ring finger! Woohoo!!! He finally proposed to her! Moo came a little bit later, then Adam and Lori showed up. It was a good night!

I'm either going out to ride the yellow bike this morning or going for a walk. I need to stick my head out the back door to decide. More later.

Peace out, yo!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Kerkove said...

Lookie what I found! Someone has their own blog now. Sweet.

I am now going to be your very own personal post whore.

:-)

8:03 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Welcome to the "blogosphere" Blue!

A little bird whispered in my ear that you had started this. Good show!

Hey, I've been on those Northwestern Arky roads and cut a tire down goin into a corner too hot! Good times!

8:44 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

not exactly a good place to have tire problems!

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home