Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sunday ride....

Near Gilbertville on the Cedar Valley Nature Trail...

Where else other than Iowa?

Just hanging around....

"Artsy" use for old bicycles....

P-51 Mustang weather vane west of LaPorte on D52....
Pretty cool! The propellor even turns!

North out of Hudson....

I left at a little before noon today to ride to LaPorte City on The Cedar Valley Nature Trail. I had never gone any further than Gilbertville in the past and at that time the trail was still gravel so you can guess how long ago that was!

I only met a few people on the trail and didn't get passed by any. The only person that I met that I knew was Chris Congdon as I was coming into LaPorte City. It was a beautiful day for the most part and an enjoyable ride. It started sprinkling as I left Hudson on my way back to Waterloo so the final 10 miles was ridden in a light summer rain. It felt kinda good!

A little over 57 miles in about 3 1/2 hours. Not too bad for an old fat guy!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! Jackal and Moo are over here for the Lassagne that Judy has in the oven. Mmmmmm...... It sure smells good!

Peace out, yo!


1 Comments:

Blogger Carl Buchanan said...

Sweet!!! A good use for all of those ols Schwinn's that have been appearing lately.

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home