Saturday, August 15, 2009

Saturday Gravel....

North on Ford Road....
Llamas and the like....
Marquis Road west of Janesville....
Where's the Swamp Thing....?
Old wooden bridge....
Ends at the Shell Rock River....
Barn on Taylor Road....
Kayaks on the Cedar....
Someone left their mark....
I left about 10 this morning for a bit of gravel. It was about 70F or so and was going to get warmer. The winds were light when I left but would increase before I got back home. No incidents or altercations with dogs today, which was nice. Just 2 issues with cars heading north into Janesville on Center Street after leaving the gravel. They just can't wait 3 seconds to pass you when there is oncoming traffic.
At Janesville it was west on Marquis to the Shell Rock River. No bridge there anymore and looks as though it's been gone for a very long time. I don't get up that way very often. Wow.
It was a good ride. The wind picked up considerably on the way back home. Headwind. Poop. Good thing I'm back to building base miles for the 2nd time this year. ;) 40 miles today. I'm a hurtin', baby! LOL.
It just hasn't been a good year for me and the bicycle. Too many other things going on. It's all good.
Thunderstorms in the forecast for tomorrow. I may go paddle a bit this afternoon. We'll see.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!


15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Riding gravel stinks. Why would you do that? Glad to see that you are alive after all!! :)

9:10 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

fatty....
i've been waiting on a phone call or a text message or an email from you for 3 weeks. you've been ignoring me. i'm crushed.... didn't we talk about this before? i'm a sensitive guy and i can't stand being ignored....

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Brian B said...

It seems as though you forgot to put the decimal between the 4 and the zero........

9:46 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

brownie....
ummmmm..... no, i didn't forget a decimal. next time you're up we'll go for a little spin. you'll love it! trust me. :)

9:52 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

That bridge , (or lack of) snookered me whilst I was reconning T.I.V3. The plat maps still showed it as being there, but even in 2006, it was apparent it had beeen down for some time, so you really haven't been up there for awhile!

I did 15 miles of single track at the camp. Sweat like crazy! Could hear the wind come up and was glad I wasn't out in it. :-)

10:03 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

g-ted....
we used to run marquis late on friday or saturday night with the janesville girls back in our high school days ;) we'd hit finchford and new hartford then back to janesville. most of todays paved roads over that way were gravel back then....

7:15 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Now what were you doing out on a gravel road in high school? In a 1955 Chevy?

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Judy more and more with every comment she makes!!! :) Is Blue back-pedalling on his statements now??? :)

12:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

good to see you got out. we were busy and enjoying "your" wet weather yesterday!
i did my gravel grind on thursday and they are getting dusty now. makes for a better workout I guess!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

He enjoys my ribbing.:)

8:17 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

judy....
high school was a long time ago. of course you already know that. you were there.

fatty....
i'm not going to tell you to kiss my ass. as doug and steve are my wittnesses, i'm going to be nice to you from now on. nicer than you will be to me.

oldman....
this summer has been so weird as far as weather goes. kinda sucks, actually.

judy....
more like abuse, if you ask me. don't give me any of that "poor fatty" crap, either :)

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So really, what WERE you doing out on the gravel roads??? :)

Judy, Blue can sure dish out the "abuse", but he sure can't take it very well!!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

well, I certainly missed out on a lot of to-ing & fro-ing here....

10:12 AM  
Blogger weak and feeble said...

What's up with that green water- hmm, looks like a good swimming hole!
DEA

11:52 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

The "poor fatty" comment is because I tell him to be nice. But he does pretty good about taking the abuse. I told him I wouldn't comment if he was going to get abused, but he said no, it is all in fun. He has broad shoulders and a tough skin

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home