Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sunday the 20th

Thanks to Kerkove for covering for Jackal on Saturday so that he could attend his grandfather's 80th b-day party at the Amvets in CF. I think that everyone had a good time and no one got into the normal family arguments. Woohoo! Adam did have a bit of a headache today but he'll survive, I'm sure.

Went for a walk on the dirt trails in Hartman this morning... They are still in great shape. I rode them yesterday and met a deer hunter sitting up in his stand. He looked at me on the yellow bike and something seemed to click in his brain! "Is that what these trails are used for?" he said to me. I just replied "sometimes". I said that I think the deer use them too.... Saw him and another guy this morning and talked to them for awhile. Apparently they were told that there were "tons" of deer out there! After they left to go back to their truck I headed into the woods and immediately saw 3 does and a buck not 50 meters from their stands. Go figure!

Rode the yellow bike tonight from 6:30 till 8 down Grand then on the paved trails through GW and back up the Hartman side to Pfeiffer and back home on Grand. The Cateye headlight worked great and the cap and gloves kept me toasty! I followed Kerkove's advice and dressed appropriately and took it easy. (I have a bit of congestion and my voice is gone. Some would say that that's a good thing)

Thanks to Jackal for the five fingered Salsa gloves that didn't fit him anymore. They worked great.

Well, Judy keeps IM'ing me so I better go see what she wants.

I'm going to scan a picture of a young lad in lederhosen..... I'll post it later so you can see if you can figure out who it is.

I think I'll re-heat last night's pizza from Z's.... Judy and I went out for pizza with Jackal and Moo last night.... Good stuff!

Peace out, yo!

2 Comments:

Blogger All3Sports said...

If your pictures tell a thousand words today's ride goes something like this.....
Damn, my water is frozen, what will I do?
Oh sweet, someone left me a microwave to warm up my water, kick ass!
I'm soooo glad this large tree is here so I can hide behind it and go pee-pee.


PS: I like the header!

10:34 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

You pretty much nailed it there, Jeff! the only problem was that i couldn't find anyplace to plug in the microwave!
Jackal was either bored, or feeling energetic, which led to the new hader! Thanks to Jackal!

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home