Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sunshine came softly......


Yup, 32 F this morning....
Salsa lobster gloves....
Dressed in layers....
Wore my Gators today....
George Wyth Park....
I went into the plant and worked for 5 hours yesterday and then came home and slept the better part of 18 hours. Head congestion, chest congestion, generally felt like crap. Add to that the fact that it was raining outside and you end up with a miserable day. I woke up early this morning feeling a bit better so I slowly dressed in several layers of lycra and polypropolene and took the Surly out for a spin. It didn't take long to warm up but my legs never really felt very good. I just pedaled at about 11 mph up through Black Hawk Park and then back through Big Woods and Gateway Parks and finished up by cruising through George Wyth Park. I saw 2 cyclists and perhaps 3 groups of people out walking. One of the cyclists was an older gentleman on Grand being pulled along by his Jack Russell and the other was a gentleman whom I met on the bridge crossing the Cedar along the highway. I waited and let him by so that he could avoid the ice along the east edge of the bikeway. When I got back home, Judy told me that Jackal had called and that he had called me a bad name because I went riding without him this morning. Sorry, Jackal. I didn't know if I'd last 5 miles or 50 this morning. Turns out I made it 21 or so. Another time?
Jackal has a couple of pics of baby Rhea in Cannondale team kit on his site. You may want to check that out! She's soooo cute!
Wo ist Kerkove?
Later!!!!
Peace out, yo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Carl Buchanan said...

You spend too much time at work. You have but one life to live and it is your life to live. Just my 2 cents. :)

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home