Thursday, May 18, 2006

It was a BLAST!!!!
Getting ready....
The racers.....
Ron Saul....
Kerkove pimpin'
K erkove in the start area. John Adamson has complete control....
Jeff Slade....
The Deerslayer....
Guardian of the Jetta....
Guardians of The Shop....
Jackal's hardware.... Bling Bling....
Guess who? Those gloves scare the hell out of me....
My fist MTB race... The Greenbelt Time Trial, volume one. It was great! Even though I embarrased myself by falling over in the parking lot prior to the start, I still had fun. Rode out to the Greenbelt area and pre-rode the course. Ran into John, Rob, and Ron laying out the course at mile one, said "hey" and moved on. The course was in great shape with plenty of traction and well marked to everyone but Kerkove. (see his blog...)
I started next to last and finished in the same position. I think by the end of the race it was proven that it was the right place for my old slow ass to start! Oh well, I can only get better, right? :) While pre-riding the course I ran into Jeff Slade on his SS. I hadn't seen him in awhile and it was good! About 3/4 of the way through the pre-ride I heard a familiar voice yelling at me, asking if I could ride any slower. Had to be Kerkove! Anyway, the race was fun. A great place for a beginner like me to start. I think I'll go back next week and give it another shot. My thanks to John and Rob and the rest of the crew that set it up and ran it. You all did good! (y'all?)
Peace out, yo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home