Sunday, April 16, 2006

This and that......
The Good Friday ride included Tom Hartson, Wayne Blaisdell, and myself. We headed out of town through Pfeifer over to Gateway Park then out around Big Woods Lake to hit Dunkerton Road and old 218 north to Janesville. From there we headed up to Denver then over to Waverly, where we had some munchies. Tom and Wayne were afraid to eat the Polish Sausage with ketchup, mustard, and onions so I had this delicious snack by myself with a small bottle of milk while they each ate a world famous Kwik-Star cookie and drank gatorade or water. Neither of them wanted to ride behind me on the way back to Waterloo, which wasn't a problem since I played catch-up almost all the way home anyway. My feet were on fire by the time we got back to Denver so I took off my socks and loosened my shoes a bit and kept pedaling. The Advil that Wayne gve me didn't hurt either! It was a good ride with friends I hadn't ridden with for quite some time. Wayne used to own Wayne's Ski and Sport in Mason City but is now in Real Estate in Clear Lake. If you need a property up that way, give him a call. Tom was riding his new Madone 5.2 and Wayne was riding a new Klein Q-Carbon. Nice bikes! The ride was 60 miles, give or take.
Training for The Tour between gigs.... (No, It isn't Bob Roll)

Tom and Wayne heading into Waverly on Good Friday....

Warm and sunny day. A bit windy.....

Wayne replacing a tube near Denver....

The Wednesday morning ride with Jackal and Kerkove was supposed to be a "recovery ride" for Jeff. We went down to Hudson on the bike trail then back out of town on the Ho Chi Minh Trail up to the Shaulis Road Trail and then headed back into Cedar Falls on the bike path near the soccer complex and through the "Intersections of Death" on Highway 58 by Wally World. Jeff wanted to stop at the Pronto in Hudson for some "Chubs" (?) but Jackal said "no way" and rode right by the store. Kerkove looked disappointed but stayed with the peloton. We rode 26 or so miles. It was a fun ride and The Twins didn't beat me up like I thought they might. Thanks guys!


Kerkove takes a flyer on the Ho Chi Minh Trail....


The Swiss National Champ leading the peloton....


The twins plotting a breakaway.....
Happy Easter everyone!!!
Peace out, yo!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Kerkove said...

Holy Crap!
Update overload....
I...
can't....
compute.....
Whaaaaaaaaaaaa!

6:14 AM  
Blogger Carl Buchanan said...

That's a sneaky camera...

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home