Saturday, May 20, 2006

A perfect day for riding.....
Guardian of the Colnago....
Welcome to Hudson....
Wind out of the SW helped with the climbs on 27th st....
Seems like it's a mile uphill....
Oh yeah, I fell over in the parking lot at the Mtb TT the other night. I was duly embarrassed.... Glad Kerkove didn't see it happen.....
Corn fields are ready to plant....
What a beautiful day! Wind out of the SW at 10 to 20 so I headed to Hudson for the first leg of the trip. From there it was west over to the Dike-New Hartford blacktop and north to Dike. Got passed by a former Europa employee just outside of Hudson by the cemetary. Clint must've been doing 20mph into the wind. He was long gone in just a short amount of time..... Hmmmmm.....
From Dike it was north to 27th street and then east back to the University. Cruised across campus then took College Street to Sartori where I hung a right then a left and took 2nd to Franklin. Cottage Row Trail to Claire and then out around Big Woods Lake and over to Gateway and on through GW to the Hwy 218 bridge. Back down the bike trail to Pfeiffer where a young lady from "The Runner's Flat" in CF gave me a fresh bottle of water. Thanks! Up Grand to River Hills School and back down Rainbow to the house.
I met or passed a lot of people in GW today. Kinda busy out there. Saw a "biker" and his family and nearly had to take the grass to avoid an "entanglement" with them. He was wearing his black jeans and black leather vest with his bandana and "biker boots" on his mountain bike with the little lady and 5 kids tagging along behind. The last person in the group was a girl about 15 or so with her cell phone cradled between her shoulder and ear paying attention to nothing and weaving all over the trail. Some people must not feel obligated to share the trail with others. "Just riding along"....
A little over 54 miles today and feelin' pretty good. Jackal told me last night that I need to get my ass out and get more miles on the bike so that my gut will disappear.... Is that how it works? Oh well, we'll see....
That's it for now. I think we're going to grill out with Jackal and Moo this evening up at their place. Yummmm.... I hope we have some Chubs!
Peace out, yo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Kerkove said...

DAMN! YOU ATE IT AND I MISSED IT? GEEZ.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home