Tuesday, June 06, 2006

06/06/06....
Jackal leading the peloton into Hudson....

South on the Ho Chi Minh Trail....

Jackal got new socks....

Chilling after an epic sprint....

Brother of Jackal gave me this little guy for my birthday. He needs a name....

He has a strong profile....


For those of you who like crowds....




Jackal showed up about 9 or so this morning to go for a ride. We went south down the bike path along the highway then crossed 63 and took the Ho Chi Minh Trail into Hudson. Eduardo must of been at work because we didn't see him out and about. We rode back north to the Ranchero Road Trail then over to Cedar Falls Industrial Park and through the Intersections of Death. Jackal wanted to sprint a couple of times so I just let him go off by himself. We rode down the trail into Cedar Falls, over to Pfeiffer, and then across Kreig's and over to Gateway. Got passed by some guy who was older than me who appeared to be training for that Race Across Iowa thingy. He must've been doing 12 mph! Whatever. Anyway, we continued on to Big Woods Lake then down into North Cedar and along the Cottage Row Trail and back into town. Goose poop everywhere! We had gone under the bridge at Main and were heading toward the Utilities building when Jackal gave me the "Lance Look" and started to sprint up over the dike by Washington Park. I said "crap", turned the crank twice, and let him go. Saving my energy for another day, Buddy! It was a super fun ride for me today! Thanks, Jackal!

The youngest brother of Jackal called while we were dodging wild turkeys on Claire Street to wish me a happy birthday. He dropped by after we had been back awhile and left me a present for my flower garden. A super cool cast iron gnome! I love it!

That's it for now. It's a beautiful day! Get out and ride! The forecast has changed for tomorrow and looks to be nice again so ride tomorrow too!

Kerkove.... You be careful tonight with them thar roadies.

Peace out, yo!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YO!

8:12 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

thanks, yo! :)

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy B-day ya old devil!

9:30 PM  
Blogger All3Sports said...

Happy B-day Blue!
Yes I was working today, but thanks for thinking of me.

Peace back to you....yo

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, Happy Birthday!

11:04 PM  
Blogger B I D W E L L said...

Happy B-day Father of Jackal!

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home