Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Cookout....

Jackal....
The Cheese Queen....
Brother of Jackal and his boss....
Grandson Jacob....
Oh yeah! mmmmm....
Jackal said the chubs were overcooked.... Not so! They were yummy!
Where are you, Helmet Nazi?
Do I pass on the left or on the right?
The cookout was at our house on Saturday afternoon. Brats and burgers with a couple of weiners thrown in for good measure. Add the fixins' and it was all very yummy, even if the dog and I ate the brats. Burned? Not!
Went riding this afternoon cuz I need to work on my gut. It started out with a woman and a guy and 3 kids stopped in the middle of Kreig's Crossing just to chat and only got worse from there. They seemed upset that I wanted to pass... Must've disturbed their conversation. People walk and ride 2 and 3 abreast on the trails and seem pissed when you want to get by them. Mom and dad and 2 or 3 youngsters all out of control and not paying attention to anything. I'm convinced that the trails are more dangerous than the highway! Don't you think it would be perfect opportunity for the parents to teach some trail ettiquete? Hmmmmm.....
I met a group of kids numbering about 20 on the bridge across the river on Main Street. There were 2 women in charge of the group riding at the rear and an older girl riding up front. Single file, smiling and saying hi. Warning the kids behind them that there was a cyclist ahead. See how easy it is?
From there I went out around Big Woods Lake and then up to Dunkerton Road and over to old 218. I rode north to Janesville then over to Union Road and headed back toward CF. Today must be Graduation Day at CFHS. The Rotary Reserve was packed and it seemed that every SUV and Lexus, BMW, etc. that was leaving the parking lot was trying to kill me! It only got worse when I got down to Skyline and had to deal with the Yukons and Cherokees leaving Beaver Hills. Have you ever noticed that the larger and more expensive the vehicle, the less they like to share the road? What's the correlation? Oh well, hit me. I hope your insurance is up to date. (I wonder if alcohol led to diminished thinking ability? Cell phones?)
Ok, I'm done ranting. It's all good! 34 plus miles and I made it home alive!
I'm done.
Peace out, yo!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

helmet nazi.... i mean, the jackal has let me down... he was such a model for safe riding, while ridiculing those who were 'too good' for a helmet... it seems he too has joined the dark side... life will never be the same =(

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home