Wednesday, September 13, 2006


Lemon-Lime....

The Lemon-Lime project is coming along nicely and will be unveiled soon. Many thanks to all involved!

I had a close call in CF tonight.... I was riding home on the 1st Street bike path from the Island Park area when I got whacked by a young man in a Grand Prix as I was crossing the road that serves as the entrance to the Broom Factory. No injuries to me. Very slightly scratched Trek 850 and the rear wheel was bent slightly. Bent is probably an exaggeration, more like knocked out of true. I thought he saw me and was going to stop as he turned from 1st Street into the Broom Factory parking lot. When I realized that he wasn't, I pedaled my ass off to try to get out of his way and then to minimize any damage when I realized that he was going to hit me. Scared hell out of both of us, though I believe he was in considerably worse shape than I was. His poor girlfriend was hyper-ventilating in the car when I got over to where he had stopped. It did more damage to his car than it did to me or my bike. Sometimes the stars are just aligned perfectly!!! I now truly understand the scientific axiom that states two bodies cannot occupy the same space at the same time. No shit! Oh well, it's all good. It could have been worse.... he or his girlfriend could have had a heart attack. That would not have been cool!

Oh! The Bobby D. CD. It's awesome! It's actually a 2 CD set that I picked up in St. Cloud last week. 30 songs. Oh yeah!

Ok, that's it for now.

Peace out, yo!

4 Comments:

Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Yikes! I get close calls all the time going in and out of parking lots. It seems to be a bad place for a bicycle to be.

Glad yer okay and able to ride another day.

Wheels are cheap compared to life!

6:10 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

yes, wheels are cheap! we'll do some gravel soon. and drink some beer.

moo says the trek is jinxed and that i should get rid of it. i said "nahhhhhhh".


peace out, yo!

6:38 AM  
Blogger diana said...

Sweet bike, Awesome color! Oh and the Essential Bob Dylan is a must own!! :-D

12:47 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

thank you, diana!

i've been listening to bob dylan for 35 years... he's the man!

peace out, yo!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home