Sunday, October 29, 2006

Indian Summer....


My passport photo....
The railroad bridge over the Cedar River....
The dam from the south....
Cedar Falls dam from the north....
The Green Bike....
Kinda cool, but nice....
It's Election Season....
Congrats to Nicky Hayden, the new Moto GP World Champ. The race between the Ducatis at the front was good, the rest was so-so. Pedrosa didn't take anyone out, nor did Stoner. Troy Bayliss (current WSBK champion) led from flag to flag and won the race. Not bad considering he hasn't been on the Moto GP bike since 2004!
The ride this morning started out COLD but ended up 31 miles later being pretty nice. I'm still trying to get used to the speed of the Surly as compared to my geared bikes. (a whopping 12 mph) The workout is good even though the speeds are much slower! I know I'm going to hate the time change from daylight savings time.... Almost all of my riding will be after dark now. I need to be looking for something more effective in the way of lighting in the near future. My Cateye EL 500 works alright but why not upgrade to something a little brighter? The ole Opticube will still make a great backup light source.
I don't know about you but I am getting tired of the election season. I had 8 pieces of junk mail in my mailbox yesterday, which brings the count for the week to around 40. Oh well, only a few more days.
I'll be off to New Orleans on Thursday and back on Sunday. Hopefully that's the end of the travelling for this year. I'm looking forward to some good meetings and some good food while down there. Real Cajun, baby!!!!
That's it for now, off to The Evil Empire to look at a DVD recorder....
Peace out, yo!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Kerkove said...

Nice teeth.

Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Jeff Yielding said...

I hate the election, to much about how bad the other person is, clutters up my TV watching.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home