Sunday, November 12, 2006

First snow....
Trolley Car Trail....
Yup, it snowed....
What came first, the beaver or the saw?
Snow kitty....
Baby Rhea and G'ma....
Jackal and Moo....
My Sweetie....
ewwwwwww...... what is that?
I got up this morning and checked the weather on the net.... 21F with winds out of the SE at 15 to 25. I thought to myself..... "This would be a beautiful day for a bike ride", so I pulled on all the layers and set out on the Surly for a 25 miler. It was good! The Gators and the Salsa Lobsters maintained the temps in the extremities and it was actually pretty comfortable. I went east down the Trolley Car Trail and then up in front of the Cattle Congress grounds, crossed the river, then rode the dike to the East Lake trail and up through George Wyth Park. Cruised through Gateway Park and the Big Woods Lake trail before heading out to Black Hawk Park. I rode out by the rifle ranges and then turned around into the wind and rode the Black Hawk Park trails over to the Cottage Row trail and headed back into Cedar Falls. The wind on the return trip was wicked but the temps were rising quickly so it was bearable. After I got back to Pfeiffer Park I pedaled over to the South Riverside Trail and climbed Look Out Park hill then headed home down Grand. It was a nice ride.
Judy said that Jackal had called while I was out riding so I called him back after showering and throwing the bike clothes in the washer. We met at Toad's and had lunch. I was looking out the window at the intersection of 2nd and Main and saw Super Saul and Kerkove cruise by then saw John Adamson go by in his car. Looks like everyone was out and about today. I didn't see a single cyclist while I was out for my ride but by lunch time there were quite a few riders cruising around.
That's it for now. Have a great week!
Peace out, yo!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice vulgarity on a site with all the baby pictures. Why don't you grow up.

5:57 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

i typically don't respond to anonymous comments but will make an exception this time because i'm sure that everyone is just dying to know.....

(btw, were you making a statement or asking a question? the second sentance ended with a period, indicating a statement, but it started with "why", which indicates a question. i'll assume that it was intended as a question and proceed in that manner....)

"why don't you grow up?"

i don't want to.

peace out, yo!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Carl Buchanan said...

Bravo!!!

Nice comment made to the not-so-educated person that left an ANONYMOUS comment. Why don't they just sign their name?

(Note: I used "why" and a "?" indicating that this is a question.)

7:52 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

east high?

peace out, yo!

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the first snow holds off around here til... well, never :)

Cute grand kid

6:49 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

thanks jeff. looks just like her grandpa paul, huh? ;) (except for the moustache)

peace out, yo!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home