Sunday, February 18, 2007

First ride....


The thermometer across the street from this one said 21F. WTF?



A bit of snow sitting around....


Sweet saddle. The bottles froze within 5 miles....

Pink tape, of course....


Dark outside....

Hippy chick....
I rode the new Cannondale for the first time tonight. 15 miles and it was a nice ride! I like it! It is a sweet rolling bike, even with 35's on her.
I think it was colder than the sign in downtown Cedar Falls said it was since my water bottles were frozen within 5 miles. Hmmmm.....
The new bike has a Selle San Marco "Ponza" saddle on it, which, at first blush, is pretty sweet. Jackal had it set up perfectly for me. I'm thinking that I'd recommend this saddle. I run a Fizik Arione on the Colnago and Terry "Fly" saddles on both of my mountain bikes. This Ponza is nothing like any of them. Thin and sleek with minimal padding. I know that 15 miles isn't enough to get a real good feel for it, but for now, let's say that I like it. Not sure about the auxilary brake levers.... I think that they may need to be moved closer to the stem. We'll see how it goes. They may be easier to use without the Salsa Lobster gloves.
That's it for now.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!






8 Comments:

Blogger Ari said...

Blue, its amazing to see how much your grandaughter is changing. She is a very photogenic baby??
Your cross bike looks awesome. I like the different saddle and the tape choice. I have seen a lot of people ditch the secondary levers or go with wider bars to get that extra room.
I switched from flat bars to the Hbar from Titec. I cannot afford the original Jeff Jones 250 bones bars.
Tomorrow the arctic cold breaks in Chicago. ITs time to ride like fools till the next cold front comes in.
Enjoy that baby and the cross bike
ari
from Chicago

10:12 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - glad you are finally rolling the new Cdale. You didn't waste any time getting the pink tape on there. :)

10:32 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Nice rig! Glad you are taking to it well.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Captain Bob said...

Nice nide Blue. I like the bar tape too.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Captain Bob said...

I mean nice "ride", not nide.

My frain is bried. I mean my brain is fried.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Silly wabbit! Dain brammaged, he is!

5:38 PM  
Blogger weak and feeble said...

Nothing like taking a virgin bike out in the middle of winter! Keep'em rolling.

later,

DEA

8:21 AM  
Blogger Jeff Yielding said...

Nice new bike... love the red booties too

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home