Tuesday, October 09, 2007

2000 miles....


Gobble, gobble....
2000 miles....
54F and out on the water....
Lets see..... I put the green Surly on the road on the 19th of September, 2006 and just turned over 2000 miles on it tonight. Not bad for a bike that I don't "ride that much".
I was heading onto the trail that goes around (kinda) Big Woods Lake tonight when I saw the turkeys in the first picture. There were a slug of them just cackling away. On my way back through the south side of the same trail I saw a couple in their kayaks. They must have wanted to get in another trip before it gets cold. Good for them, I say! That's something I hope to do in the next year or so. It has to be good for building upper body strength, eh? Plus, it looks like fun. I loved being on the water when I was a kid and have been thinking of getting a kayak for several years. The only problem is that it would take away from my cycling time. Kinda like xc skiing does in the winter. I've thought about starting to run again, too. Nothing serious. Just a couple of miles a day. Ahhhh well. We'll see. Judy and I are heading to Tablerock Lake in southern Missouri in a few weeks for some fly fishing. The trout down there are awesome to catch. She reads while I fish. It's all good!
That's it for tonight.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!


9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I figured you would take Rhea out on this joyous ride!! Damn you're good...doing a brake stand, taking a picture of your computer, and have the picture turn out perfectly!!! I don't think Kerkove could've done that.

7:32 AM  
Blogger B I D W E L L said...

600 miles here :(total) Running is a good thing.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - you 2000 mile STUD!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

2000 on a bike you don't ride very much? I'd hate to see the number if you did ride it "much"!
I am not sure I have hit that yet on my road bike. I will have to check when I get home.
Enjoy your fishing trip; sounds like a good time.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Been to Table Rock many moons ago. Have fun. :)

7:02 PM  
Blogger bryan said...

people were on the trail in their kayaks? There's some crazy stuff happening up there.

8:46 PM  
Blogger weak and feeble said...

Sounds like you need to retire so you can focus on all your recreation! I know that's what I keep telling my wife- she keeps telling me that's fine...in another 30 years

ride on.

dea

7:46 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

anonymous....

kerkove couldn't have done that. neither could fat albert, and he can do just about anything!

jeremy b....

good to hear from you! i hope all is well.

chris....

yeah, and that's just on the surly! and i'm still fat.

brian....

something about the single speed that draws me to it. i dunno what it is, but it's a powerful force. i am so looking forward to fly fishing this year!

g-ted....

just think, you used to be able to buy lakefront property down there for a hundred bucks an acre. probably close to half a mil now. we missed out on a little piece of heaven! remember when they were always trying to sell land in the ozarks at cattle congress every year?

bryan....

it's always crazy around here. must be something in the water.

dea....

retirement? 11 years, 10 months, 21 days, but who's counting? :)

9:07 PM  
Blogger Ron George said...

congrats on the miles

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home