Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Queen's carriage has arrived....


The Queen's carriage....
"This fits fine, G'pa!"
"Where should we go?"
We'll go lot's of places, Sweetie. First though, we have to get you a helmet and a Red Blinkie. Then we can pull the Burley with the Surly and all will be right with the world.
Baby Rhea's Burley Solo arrived today. She was all smiles when she sat in it to check it out. It even has a pouch inside for her Twin Six water bottle and her crayons and her Pooh Bear and pretty much anything else that she needs to take along. I'd bet you could even handle a cooler with some refreshments in it and still have room for a blanket. I wonder if she'd like gravel grinding? Hmmmmm.......
The Burley is well designed, well built, light weight, and compact. I have a feeling that we'll put lots of miles on it....
Life is good!
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a ride!!!! I have a feeling my fat ass would bend the axle though!!! Damn weight limits anyways!!!! :) I'm still waiting for my Guinness!!! :)

7:45 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

It will help grandpa build up some legs too.

7:47 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

fat albert....

toad's sells draught guinness. we should stop by and tip a couple sometime soon. the carriage has a hundred pound weight limit so i'm pretty sure your fat ass would fit with room to spare.

chris....

i could use some help in that department! and in getting rid of the gut. :)

7:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My kids loved the Burley; my legs did not!
But, it does work well as a early season training device. We had a double, so twice as nice! :^)
Have fun!

10:17 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

oldman...

i'm really looking forward to using it. i looked at the d'lite but decided the solo was plenty big enough for rhea. perhaps someday i'll have to get a double?

6:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That kid is so darn cute!
She reminds me of my youngest daughter; I even think I have a picture of her sitting in the Burley too!
Man, I miss those days.

8:06 AM  
Blogger bryan said...

My Burley time is coming ... in the spring. With a SS attached to it. Yikes.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may need the double for when Rhea want to bring a friend?!?!?!? Or maybe when one of your other sons have twins ;)

Cheese Queen

5:59 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

bryan....

ss is the only way to go, me thinks! perfect for trailering.

cheese queen....

ha ha ha, i mean, um, well, you never know, i guess. i'spose some dumbass buchanan boy could father twins. i thought rhea might want to bring a big stuffed pooh or something. :)

7:24 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

oldman...

thanks for the compliment! don't ya think she looks just like her g'pa paul?

7:25 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Blue: Used to pull my daughter in a Solo. They are all that and a bag of chips man! You'll love it! She'll love it, or sleep, or both.(My gal did both!)

Had the thing up on one wheel once by accident. Man those things are stable! Hit a curb with one wheel and it didn't upset the bike, or passenger, at all. She thought I planned it. We'll just let that be our little secret! ;)

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home