Sunday, October 07, 2007

Sunday....



Corn standing tall near Hudson....
Stopped in Dike....
Picking corn north of Dike....
Still wearing shorts in October....
Got caught in the rain....


I took off for a ride on the C50 this morning not knowing where I would end up. I headed south to Hudson and then west on the Zanetta blacktop. I figured I'd get to the top of Mother F**ker hill and then head back and get in a good 30 mile ride. When I got there I was feeling pretty good so I kept heading west knowing that the strong south wind would give me a boost on my way into Dike. SWEET! Heading north out of Dike was still sunny and I felt something wet when I hit one of the joints in the road. I thought it must be my water bottle spraying when I hit the cracks.... Nope! It was starting to sprinkle and I had 18 miles to go.... It wasn't uncomfortable and it was off and on so I just kept pedaling. I turned east on 27th and could see the road was wet up by Hillside Cemetary which was about 2 miles ahead. By the time I had done the 8 or so miles to Cedar Falls I had been in and out of the rain about a half dozen times. Weird. I took Union Road north to 12th and then headed east into town. It was sprinkling almost all the way. It felt kinda good! It started raining harder when I got to Hudson Road and I kept scooting until I got across town to Pfeiffer Park where I stopped beneath the overhang on the bathrooms for a few minutes. The rain slowed and I took off for the final 2 miles to the house. Overall a good ride. 42 miles. I haven't been on the road bike since the 23rd of August. I put the Green Surly on the road September 19th of last year and will click over 2000 miles on my next ride. I like that bike! I like all of them. :)
Today is Baby Rhea's first birthday and we are going to have a party in a couple of hours. That deserves a post of it's own, I think. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEETIE!!!!!

Check out this post for more regarding the Landis "doping" debacle.... It's worth reading.

That's it for now.

Ride safe.

Peace out, yo!








8 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Kerkove said...

We almost got wet. I was worried. But, it never happened.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That is a fine looking ride, Blue. I will give you 25% of what you paid for it right now! :)

6:35 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

kerkove....

it would have been a soupy mess for you guys. yukkkkkk....

chris.....

ummmm, let me think about that one... :)

6:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It has always felt like Landis is being used a punching bag for the doping mess and this guy seems to confirm that. Too bad.
Rainy rides are not for me but at least it was warm.

11:24 AM  
Blogger bryan said...

blue -- the shorts in October is nice. But are you shaving your legs in October, too? (if not, I apoligize). Embrace your inner sasquatch!

12:24 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

bryan....

sasquatch is a hairy bastard.... :) underneath all that hair he's just a sweet, lovable guy.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Ron George said...

how do you like that c50? looking slick.

10:57 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

ron....

i can't say enough good things about the c50. i've had more than one nice bike in my time, including a colnago master x light, but the c50 is by far the sweetest bike ever. i love it!

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home