Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Warm....

Bicycles, too....
Brother of Jackal and me with The Red Baron....
If I could fly any plane, the F4 would be it....
Flipping me off as a term of endearment....
It hit 112 about an hour after I took this pic....
It's been good down here in sunny Arizona. Judy and I did some sight-seeing around town after dark tonight. (Tom-Tom told me to go left when he really meant right) It was interesting. Washed the car down in the hood. That was interesting too.
We're going to run out to Tortilla Flats tomorrow morning, then go back over to visit my dad for awhile. Just had a message from my sis saying she was bringing steaks over to Dad's tomorrow and we'll grill. Mmmmmm..... I'm good with that.
I was worried about Fatty. I hadn't heard from him since last Thursday. I kept texting him on a regular basis but he didn't respond until today. All is well.... I'll be able to sleep tonight.
The heat is amazing down here. My mom always said "it's hot, yes, but it's a dry heat". I always responded to that with "yeah, like sticking your head in an oven". Well, I've learned that if you have a breeze it's even worse. It's like a blast furnace. Wow!
That's about it.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

8 Comments:

Blogger Lily on the Road said...

hehehe, that's why I go in January! Have fun a BBQ with your dad...stand back from the que, you'll melt! LOL

5:44 AM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Over eating Mexican food and now you're going to chow down a steak? Plus you aren't on the bike while you are there. Fatty isn't answering because he is too busy thinking about dropping you going out to 27th Street on the next group ride. Muwahahahaha!

Have fun Blue! Stay cool.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Not just any steak.....Filets are on the menu~

7:19 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

lily....
good advice! thanks!

g-ted....
you're right, lots of eats and no bike. plenty of walking, though. not sure how much it helps. yes, fatty will kick my ass.

skeezix....
you, dear sister, are the bomb! thanks for everything! ;)

10:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoy the heat while you can; it will be winter soon! :^)
Your looking pretty slim there Jim. Must be all that riding this season. Better lay off the steaks then and stick to veggies!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Thank you for everything (Judy too). Dad has had a wonderful time having you all here. We are all going to miss you!

I love you guys

11:11 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

brian....
thanks for reminding me about winter. lol. i have a few more pounds to lose....

susi....
it's all good!

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Brian B said...

Susi never did the finger thing when I was there, you must be special.....

As for the F-4, (the last real airplane that manly men flew), Sir Isaac Newton's 5th law was proven: Given enough horespower, I can make a brick fly.

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home