Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Tuesday the 22nd


It's all good and the universe is in sync....

Just got back from riding the yellow bike. That was good! Started out going east on Rainbow then down to the gravel through Hartman North, up to Pfeifer and across Krieg's then over to Gateway and on through the trail out to Lone Tree Road. Went through GW on the return trip then back to Lookout Park Hill and home on Grand then down the hill in front of Jackal's house to pick up Rainbow for the last little stretch. Only 17 1/3 miles but it was dark when I left and a little chilly, though not too bad. The Cateye helmet light is pretty cool! Bright little sucker and complements the handlebar mounted Cateye quite well. Jackal was right.... the bar mounted light has a rather unique pattern to it. Those Japanese always come up with something mystifying! The foot toasters worked good. I still may give the duct tape and aluminum foil trick a try just for shits and giggles....

Nearly got creamed by a mini-van near Ron's house. Must not have seen me with the two headlights, the flashing red light, and the reflector strips. I need to smarten up when cars pull in front of me.... It's my nature to not slow down, then get as close as I can to the vehicle without actually hitting it and give the driver the "international sign of goodwill". I know, I know..... Gotta watch out for yourself. Inattentive drivers certainly won't.

Judy has gone up to Hy Vee for some groceries and bottled water. I asked her to bring me a chocolate bar... Adam is sitting in the living room watchng bike night on Speed. Haven't seen him in two days! I think he may have actually applied for a job today. Unique concept!

Time to veg.....

Peace out, yo!

4 Comments:

Blogger All3Sports said...

Adam+job= he's staying in town for a while?

9:45 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

yup, looks like he's moved back permanently. i think he missed jackal....

so, there i was.....

5:27 AM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Umm.....you're gonna hafta change the name of this blog from "bluecolnago" to "yellow special ed" because all I ever hear about is this "yellow" bike that talks to you. This "blue Colnago" must be a fantasy or something. Hmmm...........

And that pic of the dude in the lederhosen, I don't see that. Carlos put the censorship fist down on that one?

Peace, late!

8:29 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

G.T., I think the blue bike is afraid of the cold or something. It doesn't talk to me like the yellow one does, unless it's warm outside... the SPECIALizED isn't afraid of the cold, in fact, we're going out together this morning! just as soon as I get dressed. A nice brisk Thanksgiving Day ride. You be good now, ya hear?

Peace out, yo!

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home