Monday, December 19, 2005

Monday the 19th...


Snow everywhere! Even in the trees...


Snow volleyball is a winter sport up here in the Great White North. It's popularity ranks right up there with hockey and ice fishing. This is one of many public courts. Just waiting for the players to arrive..... Hmmmmm....... Perhaps in May? June?



Careful with that drill...... not too deep!



Kerkove installing my new bindings. He's multi-talented and very focused! No screws through the bottom! (Monkeytron was in the corner supervising...) Is that, umm, junkfood on Kerkove's workbench?



The new skis...... Super!


The Craft cap.... Beau Coup warm!



I see that it's -11F there this morning! Brrrr.......... It's only -8F up here in the Great White North! A heatwave!!!

I had a visitor at my place this weekend.... My brother Michael, whom I hadn't seen since June of '04. It was a good visit.

Jackal called me while I was in the shower Saturday morning and told me that my new skis were in! Woohoo! 2 weeks before I expected them! I went up to the shop and watched Kerkove mount the bindings, talked to Jackal and The Boss, then went and tried them out! Love 'em! They track better and feel better on the feet than any of the skis I'd used in the past. Salomon Elite 6. I'd definitely recommend them to anyone who is thinking about xc skiing.

Michael showed up shortly after I returned home from skiing. He is an owner-operator who drives for Joyce Van Lines..... He was coming from Connecticut on his way to the Twin Cities. From there he's off to Spokane, Washington. His home is in Indianapolis, whenever he gets there. I think that I'd like to be a truck driver for about a month. After that I think I'd go crazy from never being home. He's been on the road for 2 months without a break. No thanks! My middle son Eric drives, as does Judy's brother. Not my cup of green tea.

Ok, that's enough for now. Thanks to the crew at Europa for the skis and the Craft skull cap. Wow! That cap is awesome under my fleece stocking cap. Perfect for xc skiing. It was 6F when I went out on Saturday and 4F when I got back home. My head was perfectly warm and my hands were good in the Salsa 3 fingered gloves.

Peace out, yo!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carl Buchanan said...

Just a point of reference here. The "junk food" in the background is actually mine. I am so weak and need guidance with my dietary problems.

What about Jesse, the baby klansman?

10:19 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

i'll get to jesse soon. i figured that the arby's belonged to you and the monkey......

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home