Sunday, June 25, 2006

Rain, rain, go away......


OOPS! Squished froggy.....

Round bales south of Dike....


Under the Highway 58 bridge....

It was beau coup wet....

The Blue Colnago covered in water and mud....

Yesterday was cloudy as I headed south toward Hudson but it brightened up by the time I got there so I headed west on the Zaneta blacktop toward Dike. It seemed like there was no wind at all so I continued north through Dike and on up to New Hartford where I picked up a banana and some orange Powerade at the Kwik Star and headed over to Beaver Valley Road. When I got to North Union I turned left up to Cedar Wapsi and then east over to old Highway 218 then south back to CF. It looked like rain was coming so I didn't waste any time getting to Big Woods Lake Park and then on to the bike trail. By the time I got to North Main Street the wind was blowing and thunder was booming! It started pouring rain and hail by the time I crossed under the bridge on the east side of Gateway Park so I pedaled to the bridge near Pfeiffer and waited. I was soaked to the skin and was getting cold. The heavy rain lasted only 10 or 15 minutes and I headed to Krieg's Crossing and up to Pfeiffer as quick as I could. Raced up Grand then down Rainbow and into the driveway and started the drying and cleaning process. I had stuffed newspaper in my shoes to dry them out when Jackal came into the kitchen and made some smart-assed comment about getting caught in the rain. That boy is the Master of the Obvious, huh? Anyway, 56.3 miles on the bike and about 54 of those miles were dry and beautiful! I hope everyone is having a great Sunday! MotoGP at 5 on SpeedVision..... GOOOOOOO Valentino!!!!!!!! Chubs on the grill to follow.....

Peace out, yo!

4 Comments:

Blogger Carl Buchanan said...

That's Captain Obvious to you bucko!

7:21 PM  
Blogger All3Sports said...

I thought it was Mr. Obvious??

7:49 PM  
Blogger Carl Buchanan said...

I received a promotion

10:06 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

a captain is a mere pawn in the little game, laddy. the master, oh the master! the master rules the game!

peace out, yo!

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home