Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Wind and Rain and such.....

Ran into the Houlihan family out on the trail last night. They'd just "portaged" their bikes over a fallen tree. Yeah. It was about 3 1/2 feet in diameter and was laying across the trail in GW near Krieg's Crossing. The missus had an MTB, so that shouldn't have been too bad to lift across but Deerslayer, yeah, he had the tandem with the trailer attached. And, naturally, he was smiling about it all! Way to be, Rob! The sad thing is that I usually carry my digital camera with me when I ride and I didn't have it last night. It was definately a "blogworthy" moment. Poop! Should be a lesson learned....

It was a wet, cold, windy ride, but a ride none the less! Better than sitting in front of the tube, for sure. Bib knickers and arm warmers worked pretty well. Full fingered gloves. I could have worn an undershirt and been a bit more comfy. Oh well.

I better be thinking about putting new batteries in my trusty Cateye EL500 one of these days. With my luck, I suspect I'll go to flip it on and there will be nothing. Just what I need when I'm on my way home from Black Hawk Park and it gets dark! Do those things give you any warning when they are dying, or do they just shut off?

That's it for now. Hopefully the new front wheel arrives today! Woohoo!

Peace out, yo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home