Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Work....


Jackal's World....
Bon Bon putting Jackal to work....
Question of the week:
Who is this guy and where is he from?
(Jackal can't respond to this question)
Busy, busy, busy day at work today but I still found the time to take a couple of pics. Seriously, these were taken prior to the "official" start of the day. We have some dedicated employees at POS!!!!
I've known Jackal since the day he was born.
I have known the "young" man who is the subject of the "question of the week" since he was in high school, which was a LONG time ago.
Bon Bon..... Well, she's a piece of work. I interviewed her for a job several years ago then went on vacation, planning to make a decision later. I decided that I wanted to offer her a job so I emailed our Human Resources department and told them what I wanted to do and left it at that. Imagine my surprise when I went back to work the following week and saw her there working in another department! It seems that one of the supervisors in that other department interviewed her after I did and he decided to hire her, knowing I planned to offer her a job. I was pissed at him for a year! (He had been my employee for several years and had been recently transferred to the other department. I hired him and promoted him and took care of him.... How's that for gratitude?) A few months later I had an opening on a press so I talked to her (without notifying her supervisor) and offered her the job, which she accepted. I told her supervisor that I was taking her and then let him stew over it! It all worked out and I still got the employee I had originally wanted, though she has given me PLENTY of grief over the years. (we all do dumb things sometimes) She's a pain in the butt and her political views suck but she's still around. Poor Ron!!! (her husband)
Jackal and Kerkove are taking care of my "lighting dilema" for me. It doesn't hurt to know people at the shop!
It's all good! Thanks guys!
That's it for now. Dress warm and ride your bikes!
Peace out, yo!

2 Comments:

Blogger B I D W E L L said...

That would be the B-day boy Roger Doty-from Clarksville!! who is also one of the mainstays to our pack! Great Fella and a mean camp cook!!!!!

7:43 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

woohoo!!!! you get the prize, jeremy!

yes, roger is an all around great guy!

peace out, yo!

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home