Saturday, December 30, 2006

Damp, drizzly Saturday....


Kathleen Porter and crew....
The Surly 1x1....
Canoeing on the Cedar on the 30th of December....
Almost home....
Wet....
It could be worse..... :)
My middle son, Eric, was born on this day in 1977 in Bad Caanstadt, Germany. Happy Birthday, Eric!!!!
Left for my ride before 9 this morning knowing that it was going to be a damp, gray day with zero chance of getting better. The temp was 41 F and the wind was out of the east at 10 mph. Not bad conditions for a ride at the end of December in Iowa. I rode the dikes on both sides of the river and met Russ and Cindy on their tandem riding with Tom as I was getting ready to enter George Wyth Park on the East Lake Trail. Rode through the park and headed out to Black Hawk where I was passed by Kathleen and a couple of her friends on road bikes. They were all smiling and pedaling! I made the trip through the park then headed back to Cedar Falls on the Cottage Row Trail. Back through GW to the Hwy 218 bridge and home. A bit under 27 1/2 miles in 2:08. That leaves me with about 17 miles to go to reach my goal of 1000 miles on the Surly by the end of the year! Woohoo!
Judy went shopping with Amy this morning and just got home. Ready for lunch!
Ride safe!
Peace out, yo!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

You have it made now Blue. 17 is cake.

2:32 PM  
Blogger KAT said...

Good to see you out - had I known you were a paparazzo I would have given you something to really take a picture of! Next Time. Happy New Year

3:34 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

if i'd been quicker i would have gotten a picture as you guys passed me! you looked like you were enjoying the ride :)

happy new year!

peace out, yo!

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home