Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas....

The Queen of Cross has designs on taking over for The Big Guy....
Carlie and Adam, Brother of Jackal....
Cedar Falls mall at 2 p.m. today....
Waterloo mall at 3:30 p.m. today....
Judy worked at the Credit Union this morning, anxiously awaiting the opportunity to join me on my annual Christmas Eve shopping trip to the malls. I could tell you that I pick up a few last minute gifts on this day but that wouldn't be true. You woudn't believe me anyway.... I do all of my Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve. Have for years. My normal shopping partner, The Jackal, had family comittments today so I convinced Judy that it's the best time for Christmas shopping. I don't know if she'd admit it or not but I believe that she now knows it's true. No one at the malls, not a lot of traffic, no lines. The sales help were friendly, the selection was great, and the sales were on in full force. Woohoo! What more could you ask for?
We were at Bike Tech at 12:30. I'd called ahead and Chris had what I needed right there waiting for me when we got there. The Thin Man was trying his best to make some point of purchase sales and was dealing with other customers. We chatted a bit and he said he'd look for a "rare" item for me. I'll bet he finds it! It was good! By 1 p.m. we were at Village Inn for lunch. I told Judy that 2 p.m. is the prime time to start shopping..... We entered the mall in Cedar Falls at straight up 2 and took care of business then headed across town to Crossroads Mall in Waterloo. We didn't spend an hour there and we were on our way to Hy Vee for a few grocery items then across the street to K Mart for some wrapping paper and other small items then we came home. We made it by 5. Perfect. I should write a book on Christmas shopping. On second thought, maybe not. Men already know how to do it....
I want to wish a very Merry Christmas to all of you, my friends and family, and to everyone else who stops by to check out this little spot of Nirvana thru-out the year.... Those of you who comment, well, you make me smile:)
Merry Christmas.
"God bless us, every one...."
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!



4 Comments:

Blogger Ari said...

God bless you Blue and all your family and friends. That everyone on the road and trail is safe and sound.
Thanks for always keeping in touch and for giving us a glimpse of life in your neck of the woods. I hope to meet you out in the Trans Iowa in April. Look for a tall dorky dude on a Bamboo colored Gunnar crosshairs.
Ari

11:44 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. I'm looking forward to riding with you again in 2008. God Bless!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - nice job on waiting til the last minute. You get to keep your man card for another year. Real men wait until the last minute in my book.

8:49 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

ari....

my cousin lives just down the road from you in serena, illinois. perhaps i'll go visit him this summer and we'll be able to go ride some dusty illinois gravel. we'll see....

g-ted....

oh yeah, we'll ride together in '08! for sure... perhaps "team stoopid" will rise again somewhere?

chris....

my initials ain't pdb fer nuttin' "procrastinators do (it) best!" hope your wounds are healing!

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home