Sunday, December 09, 2007

Snow Ride, Take It Easy....


Out in Hartmann....
The weatherman says it's 13F. So does the 'puter. Oh well....
Gunk hanging from the bike....
Sweet....


I was reading some blogs this morning and decided to mount up the studs and take the Surly out for a ride. It's ice underneath about 3 or so inches of snow, so it worked out fairly well. I headed to the gravel road that runs through the Hartmann North Unit and saw that someone had been out on xc skis already. Good for you, whoever you are!
It was pretty rough going through there because the boot prints from the people who have been walking out in the woods have frozen pretty solid so I rolled up Lookout Park Hill when I came to the end of the road through Hartmann. I can't say that I went up fast, but I was able to ride the entire hill. It' a bitch today, to say the least.
Then it was down Grand and into Cedar Falls. Interesting ride, for sure. My computer said it was 11F outside when I left but the thermometer at the Chamber of Commerce building in CF said 23 F. Hmmmm..... The weatherman on the tube and my computer both say it's now 13 F outside. It feels like 13 F outside. Whatever. The high today is supposed to be 19F. It's all good! Maybe 23C is 11F? I'm sure that someone can do the calculation for me.... (actually, I know it's not. LOL)
I think it's time to take a shower then go to lunch. After that it looks like there will be a bit more shoveling out in the driveway. Perhaps I'll go get my hunting license this afternoon and go deer hunting in the morning. The weather is perfect for it!
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally...the picture I've been waiting for!!!!!!!!!!! You are doing REPEATS up Lookout already??? I guess Blue is going to be the one to watch going up the 3-tiered hill out of Finchford this year! How do the studs handle the snow/ice?

11:11 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

3 tier? ummmmmm, only if i'm already there when you guys are leaving finchford. the studs are great on ice. the don't make much difference in the snow. why aren't you out in the garage drinking beer and eating fudge rounds on the trainer?

11:16 AM  
Blogger john said...

SI think he is going to rule at the Snake next May.
John

6:57 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Good to see that ice wedgie on your down tube Blue. Hope ya had some fun with that. ;)

8:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - you need some mudflaps on that thing.

8:29 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

john....

i haven't seen "the snake" since 1986.... :)

g-ted....

oh yeah, it was fun! probably not as much fun as your sleddin', but fun.

chris....

i have fenders but i was afraid that they'd clog up with snow, so i left them off. ha ha. ;)

8:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Skip the fenders and rig up a transparent plastic "cab" like they use on John Deere tractors to help fight the cold. Screw some snaps onto the frame, leave two holes for your legs and your good to go! :^)
You are crazy to be out there in that mess, but Keep on Ridin'!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Jeff Moser said...

Just had a bout with frozen boot prints myself. Brutal on a full bladder!

4:01 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

brian....

it's not bad at all as long as you keep moving. stop and it's no good.

jeff....

i feel for ya! that's gotta suck!

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home