Saturday, March 22, 2008

Flashback....

Not much snow left....
Just rollin' along....
Lovin' it....!
Picture of thermometer....
Crazy bike skidding out of control sign....
Buchanandale a.k.a. Jackal a.k.a. Mr. Paintball....
I went out about noon and got in 20 or so miles on the CX bike today. I put the wheels with the Specialized CX tires on it today rather than the Conti Ultrasports.... Much different ride! I like it!
I was rolling back home under the Highway 218 bridge by Pfeiffer Park and had slowed down for a stretch of crusty snow when I saw someone who looked familiar walking toward me with his dog. When we got close to each other he asked a question about my bike so I stopped to chat with him. Man, did he look familiar! We talked for quite a few minutes about bikes and I could tell that he definitely knew what he was talking about. I finally told him that he looked familiar and asked his name. Steve Sorenson. Wow! I hadn't seen him in probably 20 years. Last I knew of him was when he was studying for his masters and working at Europa when it was still up in the basement of University Book & Supply! That's been at least 20 years. He still has his Nuovo Record equipped Paramount. That bike is the same vintage as my Peloton. Pretty cool talking with him again after all these years.
I left and rolled up to the Park to get on Grand and head home when I ran into Jackal on his System Six out riding in the spitting snow. He was heading out to ride 27th. We talked for a few minutes and then went our seperate ways.
I got home and about 2 hours later he rolled in to pick up The Queen of Cross. She was entertaining us this afternoon.... We were watching ancient reruns of Miami Vice and she was standing next to my chair fiddling with her beads. One of guys on the tube said "get out of the car, get out of the car...." As soon as he finished saying it the second time Rhea said "get out of the car" just as plain as day. Judy and I both started laughing and tried to get her to say it again. All she'd do is look at us and laugh. Too funny! That's the way kids are, I guess....
Anyway, that's it for now.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Kerkove said...

Hooray! No snow!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Adam Lorenz said...

Good to see ol' PB is sticking.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home