Monday, March 10, 2008

Yesterday....



BLT on sourdough....

I love having my picture taken....

The Thin Man's new ride.... Sweet!

It's HUGE!

The Thin Man says "Dude! This rig is a chick magnet...."

Do these "energy beans" make you hyper....?

Little Jake's new face.... The halo comes off on Thursday.



Jackal and Baby Rhea hit Toad's with us for lunch yesterday. The Thin Man came in to pick up a grilled cheese sandwich while we were there and mentioned that his new ride was in at his shop. I asked why he was working on Sunday.... He said he had an appointment with a group of people from Cedar Rapids. He had sold them 8 new bicycles and they were coming to pick them up. Yes, 8 new bikes! Pretty sweet, eh?
Anyway, we went over after we'd finished eating to check out the Big Dummy. Whoa! He says he's going to take it mountain bike racing. It looks to be the ultimate shopping machine. I mean, it's cool as hell and it's a Surly. Y'all know how I love my Surlys! Sweet! I'll bet that it would easily haul a large cooler full of ice and your favorite Irish stout! I guess that we'll see about that as the summer gets here....
Rhea walked trough the shop like she owned the place. Didn't knock over a single bike! She knows how it is!
Little Jake gets his halo off on Thursday. Everything is going great there! He looks different!
That's it for now. Temps will be in the 40s and possibly 50s starting tomorrow. YES!
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Jake is looking great!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

Jake is a trooper. Blue, thanks for letting us see his progress. I have said many a prayers for the little one. Thursday sounds like a big day.
Awesome!!
Ari

10:22 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Yeah, that is fantastic for Jake. He really looks different. Man.......I can't even imagine what he must be going through.

Blue, you should've seen the Big Dummy out at the Outdoor Demo near Vegas. People were riding it offroad like a mtb should be and said it wasn't all that bad. Maybe the Thin Man could single that thing out for a run with Team Stoopid. That would be too cool!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

The BLT looks delicious.
Rhea is a doll.
The name of the bike fits the owner quite well.
Jake is looking great, visited the PICU at the UofI a lot when I lived there (my ex works there). Needless to say they are amazing there.
See you at some races, don't think I'll make Waverly though. But the 6 hour in Boone is possible.

10:58 PM  
Blogger B I D W E L L said...

That Big Dummy is sawheet- I think the thin man has some internally geared plans. Jake looks great!!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to see Jake is doing well. The kid is a tough one!
The Big Dummy; is that the new extended cab Surly? Very cool. I think you could haul firewood or deliver pizza's with that thing. Might come in handy as a way to pick up some extra money!
Is the Queen of Cross ever not smiling? :^)

8:23 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

:)

brian... she's almost always smiling. and raising hell. takes after her daddy in that regard.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home