Monday, February 18, 2008

Winter....

It took me about 3 hours to shovel my driveway last night. I had to run up to Hy Vee to get a new snow shovel as my "old reliable" finally gave up the ghost. It got colder than hell overnight and everything is ice. I didn't think I'd get out of the driveway this morning, but somehow made it. The doors of my blazer were frozen shut and required a little help from a screwdriver to get them pried open. Winter in Iowa. Gotta love it!

Now I'm sitting at the plant taking phone calls from those that are going to be late....

The forecast calls for more brootaly cold weather for a few more days then a warm up this weekend. I think we have a total of about 56 inches of snow so far this year. That's a lot! Should have some good flooding this spring. Ahhhhhhhhh well. Life goes on.

As the crew slowly trickles in here at work.... Everyone has a story.

Jackal ran the Ergon booth at Frostbike up in the cities this weekend. He and G-Ted have apparently made it back safe and sound. 4 1/2 hours to do the 3 hour drive. Not bad. Sounds like they had a good time in The Great White North!

How 'bout that TT prologue to open the Tour of California? Talk about putting the "Smack Down"!

Stay warm.

Ride safe.

Peace out, yo!

7 Comments:

Blogger Guitar Ted said...

The Jackal kept the ship righted all the way home. An amazing feat of calmness and driving skill was shown to me. Thanks for raising such a good son, Blue!

Yeah, you wouldn't believe how little snow they have North of here, which is a good thing, really. The ditches were showing grass just south of The Cities!

Maybe we'll have a decent spring run off and be spared floods? Hope so!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

It is just a little cold weather. Can't say I miss sitting in the cold car on the way to work though. You got me excited to come back in spring to all that snow melting - gotta love a sloppy mess.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Pete Basso said...

On my way to Mexico in a little over 24 hours. Can't wait to feel what the hot sun and warm sand feel like on my feet and back. I'll try to send some sun back to the frozen tundra. Stay safe out there!

10:35 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

g-ted....

he's alright. he doesn't get his driving skills from his mother, though.

andy....

your commute out there looks pretty cool. a lot better than mine.

pete....

have fun in mexico! sounds good right about now....

6:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I feel your pain, brother! We just passed the highest snow total for December, January and February combined yesterday. And more on the way today.
Gotta love it or ya gotta leave it.
Stay warm!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - shovel?? You need one of those self propelled snow blowers.

9:04 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

brian....

i know that you can relate. it's 11 below this morning and it's supposed to get cold tomorrow.

chris....

i have one, but the snow shovel is better exercise. gotta love it!

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home