Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Sweet....

Brother of Jackal....
58F this morning! Glorious!!!! Woohoo!
I rolled down tho The Thin Man's shop last night for the group ride not knowing if the "B" group would ride or not. When I left the house Brother of Jackal wasn't home from work yet so I went alone, hoping he'd show. I went east to start and caught the South Riverside Trail and then headed west toward Cedar Falls on the bike path through the woods. When I got up to Pfeiffer I saw Jackal rolling onto the trail so I rode the rest of the way to the shop with him. I was a little bit suprised when I got there and saw that Chad Juehl was at the shop from LaCrosse. Good seeing you again, Chad!
It looked like there was a pretty fast group showing up so I went back inside and asked Brent if he was riding. He said "sure" so I went back outside to wait for him. A few seconds later Brother of Jackal showed up. Good. Better than going out with the fast guys and then riding alone... LOL. (I really don't mind doing that, ya know! It's good for me) Trust me, I don't ride alone because I end up so far off the front that they lose contact with me....
Tony, Doug, and Fat Albert rolled in and the usual banter began. Fat Albert had left a voice message on my cell over the weekend stating that the Guinness brewery in Dublin had burned to the ground and that production of the Nectar of the Gods would have to cease for the forseeable future. He had me going for a minute there. When it got brought up last night the subject quickly changed to Tony. Fat Albert claimed that Tony had eaten an entire pizza and drank six beers at 1 in the afternoon. And he showed up for the group ride after that? I would have been sleeping. Tony confirmed, with a smile, that it was true. Extra cheese too. And they are going canoeing today. With more beer. Be careful, guys.
Anyway, that group rolled at a few minutes after 6 and then The Thin Man, Brother of Jackal, and I went out a few minutes later. We headed north into the wind on Union Road with the intention of hitting C57 and then heading over to the old highway and back home. We made really good time pace-lining it to C57 and then decided to keep going north to cross the river at the Winslow Road bridge and head into Janesville. It was good! Once we hit Janesville and turned back south we rolled back to Cedar Falls in short order. The tailwind was nice.
It was a good ride.
Now it's time to get the day started. You have to love that. Plenty of low fog on the way into work this morning. I hope this weather holds for awhile. 70s during the day and mid to upper 50s at night. Awesome! Next week in Florida is going to suck. Oh well....
Have a great day!
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing like swimming down a river, with a tipped canoe chasing after coolers of beer...thanks Tony!! He is Doug's friend.

8:32 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

fat albert....
for some reason i'm not surprised that the canoe tipped over, or that you guys had to chase after coolers (plural) of beer before they floated away. poor doug. poor, poor doug.

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm...poor Jeremy AND Doug...poor Jeremy AND Doug...

9:40 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

poor jeremy my ass....

9:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have got to get me one of those "pacelines"!
I am looking forward to the predicted cooler weather here too. Starts tonight.
Have a safe trip to Florida. Have fun but stay off the jet skis!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

I hear you on fog in the mornings, warm temps during the day and cooler at night...August!

All I want is to get through all this rain....we just had an AMAZING storm....hail, high winds and torrential downpour....with pictures to prove it!!!

Later...gator....

5:39 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

oldman....
no jet skis for me, though the beach may happen. spf 50 this time though. i may stop at hooters for and iced tea,too. maybe.

lily....
the weather here has been beautiful! sleeping weather! windows open and a blanket. storms are cool! thunder and lightening, oh yeah!

oh! i talked to fat albert and doug tonight. poor jeremy AND doug.

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you...see I was telling the truth!!!

Iced tea my ass at Hooters...

Don't be wearing those dresspants on those jet skis in Florida!!!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Tony is an animal, and you know, I think there is some connection there with Kerkove. That should make sense.

Brother of Jackal is lookin' suave in that Del Tongo jersey.

Got the Colnago Super down last night and gave it the once over. Maybe I'll have to join you on a "B" ride some night and show you what a really slow guy is!

9:39 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

fat albert....
iced tea for sure. unsweet. i hate sweet tea.

i have to hear tony's side of the story. it's only fair.

g-ted....
yes, tony is an animal. yup, kinda like kerkove.

more likely that you'll see a really slow guy...me! but hey, i'm good with that :)

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home