Sunday, July 27, 2008

This weekend....

The Cedar in the morning....
The Main Street bridge in CF....
Main Street....
My new office....
Jackal's Passat wagon, my Jetta.... Beautiful day!
You'll have to see the close-up....
Picnic table stuck to bottom of the bridge....



For the last year my boss has been trying to get me out of my office in the plant and into a new one in another part of the building. I didn't want to move because I could see everything that was going on from where I was at. The new office is removed from the production area and not where I want to be. It's never been occupied before, part of as new addition to our scheduling area. It's nice, no doubt, but I feel out of touch with my people. About a month ago he came to me and told me that my presence in my old office is disruptive and unfair to my plant managers and supervisors. He pointed out to me that people were coming to me with questions that I had other people there who should be dealing with those things and that as long as I insisted on staying it would continue. Hmmmm.... He's the president of the company and he told me to pack my things and move to the new office. No more discussion. Whoaaaaaaa! I moved.
It just isn't the same but I 'spose I'll get used to it.
Waited until 9 last night then went for a long ride through the parks on the Surly. I've always liked riding at night and last night was a good one. I changed out the 20 tooth freewheel for the 17 and all was right with the world.
Took the Colnago Cross bike out today and rode a similar route. They opened the paved trails through the parks within the last couple of weeks after the flood cleanup was done and they are in good shape. I know Redg and his mates were out there working on it. Good job! I came home covered in mud from a short section of pavement at the end of Greenwood. About 50 yards or so of it is covered with a half inch of mud. Sweet!
Time for bed.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

9 Comments:

Blogger Ari said...

My boss asked if Sram Force was comparable to Shimano 105. Sure! I said and then reached for another cup of coffee.
Ari

11:53 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Your office is too neat and tidy, you need to put a little of that mud in there! Just kidding.

Glad you had a good weekend of riding.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - at least you didn't get moved to a closet like in that movie Office Space.

You should go giggle that table out from under the bridge. I am sure it is totally usable.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Craig, The Flanders Fat Cat said...

that office is too clean! You might get some work done if you're not careful.

9:24 AM  
Blogger bryan said...

they use that kind of telephone at the Courier, by the way.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

I'm surprised your boss doesn't make you remove that Surly sticker from your monitor. Too subversive and rebellious looking, ya know?

That picnic table is awesome dangling right where it is. Almost like surealistic art.

My boss tries to get me to conform all the time, but I keep wondering where the leader is. Until I find that out, I'm blazin' my own trail there! ;-)

8:04 PM  
Blogger Redg! said...

We have tried to get some art work to enhance the trails for many years. I think that Mother Nature got us what we were asking for!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Peak Art said...

I might have to stop by and see your new digs and say hi to my former coworkers. You have some nice pictures!! Very nice.

11:06 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

ari....
sure, they're comparable. uh huh.

lily....
give me a few weeks and it will be "normal" again.

chris....
it feels like a closet.

craig....
get some work done? ummmmmm..... :)

bryan....
i hate that phone. you need a degree in computer science to use it.

g-ted....
any subversiveness i may have came from you. :)

redg....
art in the parks would be kinda cool!

kim....
come on by! i'm always here.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home