Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cold and wet....

Riding the dike....
East Lake....

It was a steady, light rain all day around here. It was drizzling during my ride tonight. 45F. Windy as hell. Not uncomfortable or dangerous. Just enough to keep the glasses wet and be annoying. I saw only one other rider, an old codger (like me?) out on his bike. He looked to be commuting and didn't seem too happy about the weather. Whatcha gonna do? I 'spose I could sit in the house and watch the tube. Re-read CX Magazine, again..... I'd rather ride.
Sounds like the weather could be crap this weekend in Des Moines for Spooky Cross. Whatever. I guess we'll ride anyway :)
It's all good!
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

12 Comments:

Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Awesome! Keep on keepin' on!

I just scored a great rain jacket from The Thin Man. I'll be good to go now too.

9:36 PM  
Blogger john said...

Bring on the Spooky Cross
Johna

11:13 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

g-ted....
mama always told me to "get outside and play. you won't melt! turds float!" not sayin' you're a turd, brother.... :)

john....
see you there, eh? gonna be fun!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Have a great weekend Blue!

I just put Ruby away for the winter...

8:42 AM  
Blogger Pete Basso said...

its gonna be muddy tomorrow, bring your rain gear. See you tomorrow.

10:44 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

lily....
you know, you can ride in the winter :)

pete....
it's gonna be fun! see you then!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Davis said...

Did Grandma really say that? Not that it is surprising if she did, just curious.

11:48 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

coila....
i assure you, sweetie, that your grandma told me that many, many times. she was a piece of work, for sure.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The weather here is crappy, rainy and cold too. Thanks!
I will not be venturing out on the bike in this weather. But I do get to sit in a crowded football stadium tonight. I think I would prefer the ride!
Good luck at Spooky Cross; HUP HUP BLUE!

4:48 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

oldman....
high school football is good. i'm not a huge football fan but there's something to be said for sitting outside, no matter what the weather, watching the kids do their thing. it's good.

i am soooo looking forward to spooky. :)

have a great weekend!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Spooky is going to be warm today, though muddy since the rains haven't stopped in about 3 days. See you tonight.

7:15 AM  
Blogger weak and feeble said...

rumor has it you sent that wet weather east- thanks alot!

Ride safe.

DEA

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home