Thursday, October 16, 2008

It gets dark early....

Sunset over Big Woods....
Full moon....

I can tell that it's fall when I get up in the morning and it's 34F outside! Yup, it's now definitely fall. It was chilly when I left for work this morning and chilly when I went riding tonight.
Last night was the full moon and it was awesome! It was pretty cool then also, but not as cool as tonight. Wow! I'm sitting here shivering! :) Long sleeved Under Armour beneath a long sleeved jersey and knickers. If it's this cool tomorrow evening I'll wear winter a weight base layer and a wind jacket. I LOVE THIS WEATHER!!!!! It's just a matter of figuring out what you need to wear.
Riding through the parks this time of year is always interesting. The Cateye Doubleshot really lights things up and you get to see all the critters out in the woods. Sweet! There are a lot of them!
My rear derailleur has been acting up for a couple of days so I threw the bike on top of the car when I went to work this morning and then dropped it off with The Thin Man at lunch time. He and Jason were holding down the fort today and they worked on it while I went back to the plant. I stopped by after work and they had it shifting like new again. It had a slightly bent derailleur hanger but after straightening that it still didn't work quite right so they replaced the chain and rear cable housing. Sweet! Thanks guys!!!!
I'll be ready to go for The Devil's Cross in Bettendorf this weekend. She should be a 1 x 10 by then. If I ever build a new CX bike it's gonna be a 9 speed for sure. 10 is fine on the road but this one has been a bit touchy since day one when riding off road. Maybe it's just me. 9 should be more than enough for me since I use the 5 largest cogs most of the time anyway and the wider spacing should stay in adjustment better.
I'm off to get my beauty sleep.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

5 Comments:

Blogger Guitar Ted said...

You'll be wearing that winter kit tonight if you ride, Blue. They are talking hard freeze tonight!

I gotta get me some decent lights and come out and play!

7:56 AM  
Blogger john said...

Mr Blue - The folks on the 5:00 Friday night lights ride sure could use you to help light up the woods.
Good luck at the X races this weekend.
John

8:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your a tougher guy than me. That cold weather makes me want to build a fire and roast some marshmallows, not ride!
Good luck "running with the Devil" this weekend!

12:15 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

g-ted....
no tights before november 15th. knickers are ok. :)

john....
they'll be hitting the road about the time i'm leaving work. are you still going to bettendorf this weekend?

oldman....
i like fires and marshmallows too, but i like my bike even more! i'm looking forward to devil cx. should be fun! i just had mexican for lunch at a little restaurant where they don't speak much english. a couple of chicken enchiladas with beans and rice on the side. the chicken was "numb your tongue" spicy but the hot sauce.... omg! my lips are still numb! good stuff!!!!! for some reason that made me think of you. just sayin' :)

12:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hot and spicy; that is what "all" my friends call me!
That actually sounds pretty good. I will have to be extra special to Rene when she gets home and maybe she'll make me some enchiladas! :^)
Have a good one.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home