Thursday, January 22, 2009

Remember October?

Surly in October....


Last summer and fall seem about a million years ago. The summer was shortened due to the flooding and tornado and winter seems to have come quickly and early. One day it was nice, the next it was winter.

I have been diligently riding the blue Colnago Master X Light in the basement 4 or 5 times a week to help stave off the winter fattness. I've tried walking a couple of times but due to the fact that a good number of my neighbors fail to shovel the sidewalks in front of their houses I stick to the bike in the basement. Better than nothing, I guess.....

Saw Scottie D. and my old buddy Jamie (with her daughter) out at Wally World tonight. They seem to be weathering the winter in fine fashion! They were both smiling, anyway :)

Slowly working on the gold CX bike. The Thin Man has been helping with a few parts and the installation of a new Chris King headset. Thanks, Buddy!

That's about it from the Devil's Deep Freeze. I hope all of you are enjoying winter as much as I am! The only thing that's keeping me sane are the occasional harassing emails from Fat Albert and playing with The Queen of Cross..... Thanks, Buddy!

Ride safe.

Peace out, yo!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like I'll be stopping the emails then...real soon!!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Hey Blue. You need to post more often. For one thing, Fat Albert will quit e-mailing you and comment here. The other thing- He comes over to my blog in abscence of your posting and harrasses me about something called a "bagpipe"

I haven't got a clue what it is he's talking about, do you? ;-)

Stay warm fella! Gonna get cold again this weekend. I was going to go on a birthday bike ride on Saturday, but I might XC ski instead. I will stay warmer if I do the skiing, that's for sure!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Sounds as though you're keeping busy! Good for you.

The days are getting longer, so spring can only be around the corner! LMAO...

9:25 AM  
Blogger Craig, The Flanders Fat Cat said...

Ahh, the trainer in the basement. God bless ya.

11:21 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

fatty....
i love your emails, buddy. seriously. don't stop.

g-ted....
bagpipe? i suspect that he's just driven by that one house on rainbow drive and seen that one guy out in his garage playing the bagpipes. personally, i like the sound but, well, given your situation with fat albert, i'm not sure i'd like being called "bagpipe".

did you have a good birthday? drink any beer?

lily....
staying pretty busy, yes. there are certainly other things i'd rather be doing, like kicking fat albert's ass on 2nd street.

craig....
yup, the dreaded "nether regions killer" in the basement. fat albert rides rollers in his garage but i'm not that dedicated. nor am i that brave. i like having my bike locked in an upright position so i don't fall. it's sorta like having training wheels :)

12:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

October. Man, I miss that month.
Can't wait to see the pimped out new ride. Hurry up and finish that thing, will ya?

4:14 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Blue: Yeah, went out and had a Mexican dinner at that new place by Cadillac Lanes. Drank a few Modelo Negros....mmmm!!

6:24 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

oldman....
i have to take it slow on this build cuz i think it's the only "new" bike i'll get in '09. i'm afraid that judy will kill me if another one shows up here anytime soon. october is probably my favorite month of the year.

g-ted....
mexican and beer from south of the border. mmmmm..... sounds good! hope your b-day was great! how was that restaurant?

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home