Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Time to go....

Cute, eh....?
The bar at Tortilla Flat....
Canyon Lake from above....
Judy and I drove out through Tortilla Flat yesterday, then up to the end of the paved road. It was 111F out there in the desert but it was fun. Stopped at an old mining town outside Apache Junction on the way back. Very enjoyable time. I rarely act like a tourist when we travel, but I did yesterday. It was kinda fun. (I know it's hard to imagine me acting stoopid...)
Spent yesterday evening at my Dad's visiting with him and Jean and my sister Susi and my niece, Coila, and her two boys. We grilled out and had a very good time. (lot's of veggies for me....) After dinner dad and I watched the Diamond Backs on the tube. It was great!
We're going to head back up north starting this morning after we visit my dad and Jean for awhile). I hate to leave, to be honest. Can't say I really enjoy Phoenix, but I do like visiting. Long story....
Anyway, that's it for now.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

someone up north misses you grandpa!

-Rhea

5:22 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

being a tourist on vacay is the only way to go! Glad you are enjoying your time with your dad, it is precious time, embrace it!

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Brian B said...

Look at that, Rhea is writing to you!!!!!!

1:06 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

We all loved having you here and already miss you!

8:00 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

rhea....
papa misses you too, sweetie!

lily....
lovin' the vacation. great seein' dad!

brownie....
of course she is!

susi....
we've enjoyed it tremendously! even the guilting that you and judy put me through! lol.

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Brian B said...

I can't believe Susi and Judy were ganging up on you..... What's with that???

1:04 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

brian....
you know how it is.... ;)

9:40 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

I don't believe that we were "ganging up" on him....it was just stating facts. And sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home