Monday, October 05, 2009

WTF?

Look at Sunday's forecast....


The Dirty Wooden Shoe....


Fatty and Jackal.... Jackal jumpin'....
Jackal's unique trophy....
Steve Reynolds focused....
Paul Meyerman having a blast!
The Julies.... Women's start....
Robin....
Lisa....
Darcy....
Steve....
Fatty with a buzz on....
Brent Hauser.... That hill was wet during OUR race, buddy.
Jerome "Shrek" Rewerts....
Brent "I need carbs" Hauser....
Steve and Jackal....
Steve chasing Kim West down....
All alone and in last place.... :)
Scottie....
Paul is a good sport having a good time....
This hurts....
Julie "The Multi Tasker" Goodman....
"Are you kidding me?"....



Saturday found us in Pella, Iowa for their First Annual Dirty Wooden Shoe cyclocross event. The course was wet and tough when we started. Awesome! I think everyone had a good time. Some of the organizers were worried about how the course would be received by the racers since this was their first experience promoting this type of event. Not to worry. It was great.
When we arrived Steve and Chris were already there getting ready for the first race of the day and taking care of Fatty. Yeah, my little buddy was already into the sauce. At least he's fairly well behaved.... A tribute to his parents, I'm sure.
The Cat 3 men and the Masters raced first while the course was still wet. Plenty of tight. technical stuff as well as a couple nice long stretches where the fast guys could get up and go. I did my best to stay out of everyones way during the race. It was good! Steve got a solid second place in the Masters 35+ race and Jackal won the mens Cat 3 event. Me? I finished. :) It was good!
Paul Meyerman was there racing in the 4's and looking like he was having a great time. Ask him about his "YouTube moment" that I failed to get on camera. It was good!
The Julies were there livening things up for the racers and spectators. Julie Goodman was doing water bottle handups, heckling, drinking wine, and taking pictures all at the same time. Good job!
Judy was out and about all over the course heckling, supporting, and taking pics. Thanks, Sweetie!
The Queen of Cross was doing handups for me. She was a little surprised when I stopped for the bottle rather than rolling on through and taking it on the fly like daddy does. :) Too cute!
Fatty was there with his cowbell taking instructions from The Queen of Cross on how to behave at a CX race. Ya done good buddy. Heck, he even took a couple of pics with my camera and didn't even drop it in his beer. Rumor has it that he slept all the way home. Ahhhh well. It's all good.
A big Thank-You to the organizers and volunteers. Ya done good! We'll be back next year, for sure.
Thanks to Fatty for coming down and harassing the crap out of me.
Quad Cities next weekend.... :) Always a good time over there!
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not racing, so bring on the snow!! :) For the record, I wasn't any more buzzed than Blue was! Looking at that first, it's no wonder Carl claims I'm a good wind block!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats to Jackal on his win. I wonder if that shoe was made here in the land of the Dutch?
Sounds like everyone had a great time and that is all you can ask for! Keep up the good work Steady Eddy DFL!!

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also was having NO problem behaving either! The funniest part of the entire time came from your daughter-in-law, "I was trying to get a picture of Blue, but he's soooooo far off the back that it won't zoom in on him!!!" LOL!!!

10:23 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

fatty....
you were buzzed, buddy.

oldman....
they make wooden shoes in pella so it probably came from michigan. :)

fatty....
if you want pics of me you just have to be patient. i have a lot of people to talk to out on course but i'll get to where you're at, eventually. :)

6:48 AM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

too much FUN!! One day I'm coming to watch you guys!!

Congrat's Jackal! Blue, keep up the good work, consistency is the key! LOL

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly, in that last picture you were buzzed and worried about asking Judy to drive home!!

6:40 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

fatty....
"If I remember correctly...."? Hmmmmm.... There's doubt? :)

6:44 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

How do you and fatty remember anything but a good time?

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember everything Judy! You have to around Blue..never know when he'll skew the truth! Just look at the picture of me (in which Blue couldn't even get my hat into the picture) and then decide who the buzzed one was! :)

I still love the quote from Amy..."he's soooooo far behind the camera won't zoom in on him!" :) That was only 2 minutes into the race too!! HA! :)

10:43 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Fatty.......I've seen you "normal", (if one can say that you are) and buddy, you look BUZZED! Ha ha!

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I missed all the FUN!!!
SuperSaul

2:05 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

judy....
that's ALL i remember

fatty....
i don't skew the truth. i make it more interesting at the expense of others ;)

g-ted....
amen! thanks, buddy!

super....
it was definitely fun watching fatty get liquored up. the things that come out of his mouth! whoa!

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm...you mean the things that came out of your mouth!!! Things that I'm pretty sure you don't want me to be repeating on here! HA!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home