Thursday, November 16, 2006

So, get this....

Everyone knows that I want a new headlight for riding in the dark, right? My Opticube EL500 is ok, but, well, you know.... So, I contact Kerkove at the shop to order one for me and he tells me that there are two coming in and that they aren't spoken for. With me so far? Cool. He emails me today and lets me know that they are in and that he set one aside for me if I want it. Super cool, right? Oh yeah. It gets better.... Jackal shows up at my house about 20 minutes after I get home from work and hands me a brand new Cateye Doubleshot. Still in the box!!!! Woohoo!!! So, I get out my checkbook to pay him for it and he tells me that it is a late birthday present and an early Christmas present. Whoaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! Whatcha think about that? Personally, I think it's pretty cool! Thanks, Jackal!!! :) It should light up the night!

You'll notice that Mr. Bidwell correctly answered the question of the week this morning. A cup of coffee for that man for answering the question! The guy in the picture that the question referred to is Roger Doty from Clarksville, Iowa. I've known Roger for about 23 years and worked with him for over 20. Mr. Bidwell isn't kidding about Roger being a good cook.... Mmmmmm...... The man CAN COOK!

I suppose that everyone has heard by now about the plane crash in Indiana on Monday that killed 5 Iowans. Tom Dunphy was one of those killed in that crash and was a friend of mine. He was with our ad agency and had led strategic planning sessions for us at POS. He was in our plant quite often and always had a smile on his face and time to talk. He could have been an endurance racer or something with his seemingly boundless energy and enthusiam for all that he did. Say a little prayer for him and his family and for the other victims and their families, please. Thanks.

That's it for now. I just wanted to share those things.

Peace out, yo!

1 Comments:

Blogger B I D W E L L said...

I can't wait to get a "real" light myself. Coulda used it this AM! Thanks for the coffee offer- I'm on big cup#2 already(taking sip-trying to stop twitching) Sorry to hear of the bad news.

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home