Sunday, January 28, 2007

Wicked Cold.....


Brrrrrrrrr......
Today....
Frozen....
The Surly with studs....
She's growing :)
I went for a nice ride this morning on the Surly. It still has the studs on it and makes a terrible racket on pavement but is oh so nice on ice! I went up through Hartman North on the gravel road (covered with about 7" of nasty, frozen, pock marked snow), which was difficult since the walkers have really made an "impression" out there. Ah well, we share the trails around here :) I'm sure the XC skiers like it even less than I did. It seems that the walkers wait until the skiers have been out, then they walk in the ski track and destroy it. I've felt that frustration before!
An hour and a half riding at 4F left me with cold thumbs and chilled toes but overall it wasn't bad. I kept a water bottle under my jacket in my jersey pocket which kept it from freezing. A good gravel ride would have been great today! I should have had Judy drive me up to Parkersburg and I could have ridden back with the minus 22F windchill at my back. Perhaps another time.
I'll get an hour or so on the trainer tonight and all will be right with the world.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

4 degrees!!! Blue, you are insane.

7:42 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

nahhhhh.......

i just needed to get out.

peace out, yo!

9:12 PM  
Blogger B I D W E L L said...

That is very, very Hardcore! My dogs actually opted to hold it Sunday.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Ari said...

Blue, single digits are a good reason to get on the trainer. I highly recommend getting some "moose mitts" for you surly . I ride with them on my gunnar and I NEVER get cold hands. They cost about 35 dollars and I think their real intended use is for snowmobiles. I also use Lake winter boots. Be safe out there.
Ari
from Chicago.
january 31st, 9:30 a.m. Temperature 7degrees with a 15mph wind out of the north.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home