Sunday, January 14, 2007

Snow and ice....


Baby Rhea....
The Cedar from the dike behind Cattle Congress....
The paved trails....
George Wyth Park singletrack....
First bike on this singletrack....
Studs....
My Tifosi's were iced within 2 miles....
15 miles on the Surly with the studs this morning. It was SUPER! There were other bike tracks on the trails this morning, and quite a few footprints from walkers. It sorta surprised me because it was only 25 F and drizzling. My glasses were unusable and had to be removed at about the 2 mile mark because of ice buildup on the lenses. My jacket was frozen solid, which makes a great wind barrier.
I did some singletracking on the north side of the paved trail next to Alice Wyth Lake. First one in there today, though there had been a bicycle on the singletrack on the south side of the trail. It was awesome! Someone had cleaned the trail from the golf course up around the utilities building and out to Waterloo Road. I saw quite a few bicycle tracks in the snow by Pfeiffer.... Did somebody have a grinder today?
Eduardo is right.... I'm starting to get anxious for the new cx bike. That should be a blast in the snow with studs! I'm thinking we should have an ice ride once East Lake or Big Woods Lake is completely frozen.
That's it for now. Judy wants to go out to Barnes & Noble.
Ride safe.

Peace out, yo!

4 Comments:

Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Looked like a great day for a ride!

Maybe a frozen lake ride would be in order some day if it stays cold enough. I've got some studded tires, let me know!

6:46 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

hey g-t.... we'll see how the weather goes this next week or so. s'posed to stay cold!

our pilot just called me and cancelled my chicago trip for tomorrow. sounds like it will be crappy here and there. he's the boss!

peace out, yo!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

You are hardcore Blue.

8:14 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

i don't know about that, chris... some around here would say old and senile.... :)

peace out, yo!

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home