Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Beautiful day....

The 1x1....
Riding the dike....
There's still water on the East Lake trail....
The singletrack at Wyth is goo....
The old dam in Cedar Falls is completely submerged....
Hartman North....
They burned the prairie already....
Today's forecast was for light rain, sleet, and wind with temps in the upper 30s and low 40s. I didn't see much rain but I felt the sleet stinging against my cheeks. The wind was 20 to 25 and temps were in the upper 30s. They got it pretty much right this time. I wore knickers, should've worn tights.... I hope they're wrong about the next 2 days.... They are calling for up to 11 inches of snow. NO MORE SNOW!!!!! I took this week off from work hoping that the weather would be at least comfortable for some good rides. Oh well.....
With the wind and weather the way it was, I decided to take the studs off the Surly and roll it through the parks. It was good! I'm glad that I wasn't out in the country with the wind the way it was. Killer!
That's it for now.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!








4 Comments:

Blogger weak and feeble said...

You say the climbs would kill you but at least with a climb you can see it and know what you're getting yourself into- these winds I keep reading about- 20 to 25mph steady! That would drive me nuts! So I gotta ask- do ever really get a tail wind?

later,

DEA

6:39 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

dea... you certainly do get tail winds, but it's the headwinds that you remember. :) the tailwinds don't make you hurt!

peace out, yo!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

Those sissies that come to the midwest and mock us for not having "Mountains" routinely get their butts handed to them on a plater when we go out in the wind. Headwinds not only wreck your body but also start to destroy your mind.
Winds have been steady in chicago for the past MOnth. Not until the jetstream shifts will we have relief. Until then keep them thighs growing!!
Ari
from Chicago

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn snow, we get so close to warm temps and the trails drying out and then this crap!

Ed

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home