Saturday, March 24, 2007

Water....







Water and fog this morning. I had to go to the plant this morning since I had crews working at opposite ends of the building, and decided to check the status of the Cedar on my way to work. Boys and girls.... the river is up and rising!
It had been receding the last couple of days but I suspect that the warm weather up north is causing some more melting. Funny how that works, eh?
Jackal dropped by last night and said that the paved trail was under water in 4 different places out at Wyth Park which means that the dirt trails will be unridable without scuba gear. The pics above are from North Hacket this morning and, as those of you familiar with the area can see, the trails will be under water here too.
A bunch of the guys were working out at Ulrich this morning to get the trails ready for Eduardo's run in two weeks time. I don't think that the rising water will effect that area much.
That's it for now. I came home to an empty house at about 11:30 and need to get some type of ride in today or I'll lose my mind. Fog and light rain out there right now. The temp is up around 60 so it's not so bad.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!




4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Blue - that looks pretty bad. I would guess it will be a while until you are going to ride those areas.

3:56 PM  
Blogger shOna said...

i love your pics..

i hope you don't mind but i am using them as the background for my desktop...

so when tour starts you are going to come watch it with us at the shop?

10:42 AM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Blue: I rode Ulrich Park today. It's wet and muddy in a few spots, but rideable for the most part. Some sections are under water in the back end of the park.

8:57 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

chris... the water is coming down now but it will be a couple of weeks before anyone can get in there and clean up the mess...

thanks shona. you're certainly welcome to use any of the pics.

watch the tour in winnipeg? that could be fun.

glad you were able to get out and ride those trails, ted!

peace out, yo!

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home