Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday the 13th....

South from New Hartford....
Rolling in to Dike....
Passed by the Driver Ed car....
Does anyone need a new combine? Plenty of them here....
Ummmmm...... yeah....
This is where your corn fed beef comes from....
So, there I was.... just riding along.... fat, dumb, and happy. I'm rolling south on the Dike-New Hartford blacktop watching the big assed green tractor coming down the road from the other direction with a car following and another one quickly closing on it. The first car pulls out to pass and sees a cyclist (me) and does the safe and courteous thing and pulls back in behind the tractor. I feel much better because I am now sure that both cars will wait until they have met me and gone by to pass the tractor, right? Whatever! The STUPID BITCH IN THE SECOND CAR PULLS OUT TO PASS BOTH VEHICLES AND RUNS ME ONTO THE SHOULDER! Then the STUPID BITCH has the audacity TO WAVE AND SMILE at me when she is right in front of me. I waved back. I know she saw my friendly wave because she was so close to me that I could have ripped the cigarette out of her mouth if her window were down. Jesus... Was getting to wherever you were going more important than my life? Back in the day, before I became such a calm person, I would have wished all kinds of evil upon her. Now I just hope that she gets over being so DAMNED STUPID!!! Rant off, for now.
It is a gorgeous day. A breeze out of the NW at 5 to 10 and the temp 51 degrees, according to the thermometer in front of the bank in Hudson. Couldn't have asked for a nicer ride!
And then..... I'm on the end of the bike path at Ansborough and Blackhawk Road, 3 miles from home, and I have the light in my favor. Some YOUNG FAT BASTARD in an old beat up black Grand Prix is fiddling with his FREAKIN' cell phone while I'm crossing the street in front of him. I should have known better than to trust him enough to cross in front of him. He started to do his right turn on red about the time I was directly in front of him. He wasn't even looking where he was going! 6 inches! The lady in the Exploder next to him saw me. She was paying attention. Oh well. I was having flashbacks to last summer when I got whacked in front of the Broom Factory in Cedar Falls. It's all good, right? Rant off, again.
So, anyway.... I rode out 12th to Union Road and then went to New Hartford then South to Dike. From Dike I headed over to Hudson. It ends up being just a touch under 50 miles and I feel petty good. I met Super Saul on 12th by the golf course as he was coming back into town. I think that he was trying to outrun the mini-van that was behind him. (were you riding the 29er, Buddy?) We exchanged pleasantries while on the move and continued on in our seperate ways. Ron.... those mini-vans will beat you every time. You were doing what, 25? 28? Those things can do at least 50. :)
That's it for now.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!






9 Comments:

Blogger Carl Buchanan said...

I believe in violence against stupid drivers. :)

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friday the 13th is my lucky day. You should have taken me with you. Rhea is reading this to me and she is sure happy that you are OK and that you remained so calm, ;)

Cheese Queen (aka Moo)

9:30 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

jackal... i'm beginning to believe.

moo... she really torqued me!

tell rhea that g'pa paul loves her! :)

peace out, yo!

9:41 PM  
Blogger All3Sports said...

I'm going to say you took your "kerkove" shot after the car trying to take you out? You look a little put off.

10:09 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

yeah, she pissed me off at the bottom of the hill leading up to the intersection with 27th st. the picture was about a mile later. i was still "upset"

thought i might see you out on the road today...

peace out, yo!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - those are some flat roads you are riding. I wish we had more flat around here on some days.

You need to pack heat when you carry. For warning shots only. :)

7:11 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

i don't know about warning shots chris. shoot to wound. that'll learn 'em!

i'm over it this morning.

peace out, yo!

8:36 AM  
Blogger weak and feeble said...

I always wanted to mount some sort of paint ball gun to the headtube of my bike that could fire straight ahead or 90 degrees to the left and fill it with some awful paint eating substance and then hook it up to those otherwise useless flightdeck buttons on the STI levers. That way they'd never know how it happend so I wouldn't be worried about them really decking me on the next ride.

Anyway glad your safe blue!


later,

DEA

3:51 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

dea... i like the paintball gun idea too. that's good!

whatcha think eduardo? make mounting brackets for paintball guns?

peace out, yo!

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home