Sunday, August 12, 2007

Catching up....


The boys with their "new do's" Jacob
Kyle
Baby Jake
Baby Rhea
Jackal prepares mentally
Fat Albert
Pre-race meeting
End of lap 1
Baby Rhea entertains Brother of Jackal
"I dig this racin' buisness"
End of lap 3
Jackal
The end of the race
Kathleen Porter finishes lap 1


It was a busy week. The State Championship Road Race was last Sunday in Sherrill, Iowa. It was hot!!!
Jacob and Kyle came home from 6 weeks of visiting their mother in Indiana. Whoa! They were definitely excited and happy to be back home!!! Baby Jake was happy to see them! Awesome!
Last night was the trail ride through the parks. Huge turn-out for that event. It was fun riding in the crowd after dark. Slow, but safe. They line the 10 miles of trail through Gateway, George Wyth, and the South Riverside Trail with candles in white paper bags to light the way. A lot of work to get it done but it's quite impressive. I met Reggie at the start area about 9:30 last night. Good to meet you! You guys did a great job!

I rode the Colnago up Wagner Road to C50 and on over to Janesville this morning in the wind and the heat. 85F with the wind out of the north at 15. 95% humidity. It was brutal. 31 miles of suffering. I think I'll go out later with Jackal and Brother of Jackal for another ride.
I will be building a new "Cash Black" Surly 1x1 for Brother of Jackal to ride at the 12 hour race with Team Stoopid on Labor Day weekend. I got a deal on a new frame and fork that I just couldn't pass up. The drivetrain will be coming off of the Trek 850 single speed to build this one up exactly like the green one. Pics later.
I wonder how the Weak and Feeble guys are doing out east this weekend? All good, I hope!!!
That's it for now.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

5 Comments:

Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Hey, I need to get with you on this gig and talk details. I think a "training table" at Toad's would be in order. What say you?

Maybe next weekend? Let me know.

A Cash Black 1X1 for Brother? He'll be spoiled. :)

7:21 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

i'm up for training at toad's!

brother? he's already spoiled.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - did you get a mohawk too?

10:49 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

ohhhhh chris... that would be one thin mohawk on me! :)

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to met ya' Blue!, lighting 3500 candles in less than 2 hours it is always a challange, but it is all worth it when people have a good time!!
Have fun training with G-ted at Toads!
Redg!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home