Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Let the fun begin....


Bottke busting his hump....
Jackal working with his eyes wide shut....

Riding home from the shop.....

Yeah, they started working on it. Finally.

Nice....
Well, they finally started working on the street in front of my house. The last section they worked on (420 feet) was supposed to take 4 - 7 weeks. They closed it April 4th, started working on it a month later, and finished it a couple weeks ago. I suspect that I won't get in my driveway for 2 1/2 - 3 months. Sweet.
Rode up to the shop tonight and put a new star nut in the black Surly fork. Jackal and Bottke were working on other things so I replaced it myself. Piece of cake. I also picked up a new pair of Tifosi's. Transparent black frames with clear lenses. My Fototech lenses from my green Tifosi's will fit in them so I'm happy! Woohoo! hose things are so sweet! You can wear them all day and into the night and they won't break the bank to purchase them. I think the most expensive pair, with Fototech lenses, are about $60. A bargain compared to some of the eyeware out there and, in my opinion, every bit as good.
Reading all the blogs, it appears that a lot of you boys and girls got quite a lot of riding in the weekend! That's super! Take advantage of this weather while you can.
CX season is just around the corner and I'm giving some thought to doing more than just watching and ringing my cowbells! We'll see how that goes. Can you see my fat ass out there in the mud and the crud? Oh yeah!
That's it for now.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!





11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just think of the reason why you bought the C50 and playing in the mud becomes that much better!!! :)

We got Super Saul to do a race, so that means you're next!!

10:21 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

i thought that was our dirty little secret? :) the reason for the c50,.... you know what i mean.

i have fudge rounds in the kitchen.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

blue, I love reading your postings. Hope you will make it to chicago. I have moved to the country and have been doing a 104 mile commute. Days are getting short and need some recomendations on lights. I know you ride with the cateye system. any comments are welcome.
ari

1:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nothing I hate more than road repairs or construction.
There are only two seasons here in Michigan; winter and road construction.
And right in front of your house; ouch.
Tifosi makes a nice product; significantly cheaper than Oakley's.
CX intrigues me too but I think I'll stay behind the barriers for now.

9:55 AM  
Blogger weak and feeble said...

Nice looking road! Sounds like you're gonna give cross a go- yahoo- you should come east for Porky Gulch Classic in November.

Ride on-

DEA

2:07 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

ari.... i use the cateye doubleshot for my main light source and an old el500 from cateye for a backup. the doubleshot has a 5 hour burn time and a 3 hour charge time. the el500 uses 4 aa batteries which seem to burn forever but it gets a bit dimmer after about 4 or 5 hours. of course if you're gravel grinding with a full moon all you need is a red blinkie on th back and you're good to go...

oldman.... these road repairs suck. they tell me it will be good, when it's done! ha! i have oakleys and tifosis and i think the tifosis are a great value. the fototechs are awesome!

dea.... i've committed to southern missouri for some trout fishing in november this year. judy and i really want to get to new england so it cold be on tap next summer! 35th anniversary and all, ya know!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Carl Buchanan said...

I close my eyes during some builds because certain brands of bikes go together better that way. ;)

6:07 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

good one carl! you just made my day!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow Blue. That street is a mess. Nice new glasses.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well if they build roads like they do here, there will be 1 guy working and 4 guys watching (sorry, supervising!).
And then they will have to tear it up and do it all over again next year!

6:16 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

chris.... i park on a side street a half block away to the east and pick up my mail on the side street a half block to the west. it's a bit muddy right now but it's progressing nicely. **keeping fingers crossed**

oldman.... i think someone put a bee in their collective bonnets. they've done more in 4 days on this section than they did in 4 weeks on the previous section. we'll see.... i certainly know what you mean 'bout workin' and watchin'

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home