Saturday, August 25, 2007

Black Surly....


Mojo Bag....


The black Surly is up and running. I finished it this afternoon and took it for a short test ride with the 20 tooth freewheel. 17 or18 will definitely go on it until the race at Boone next weekend. Whoa! About 10 mph was my top speed tonight. It should climb alright though, and that's what will be happening at Boone. I can hardly wait! Go Team Stoopid, go! Pics tomorrow.

Jackal went and raced in the State Criterium Championships today at Pella. He finished 10th, I think. Not too shabby! He claims to actually enjoy crits. Hmmmm.... Took Brother of Jackal with him. He liked it too. Good stuff!


I hope to do a gravel grinder of some sort tomorrow. Getting around via the bike trails is impossible right now with a couple of feet of water covering them in many places. I'm not taking the bikes in that stuff again. The last trip through the water cost me a bottom bracket and a freewheel on the Surly. Not cool!


I received a Mojo Bag from Jeff and Kristy out in Nevada Thursday. Hand made with some naturals on the inside. Stones and leaves and such. It's very nice and should maintain an aura of good karma around me while I'm on the bike! Thanks guys!

That's it for now. I'm pooped.

Ride safe.

Peace out, yo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

10th is solid. Good job Jackal.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home