Sunday, September 09, 2007

Sunny Saturday gravel....
The C'dale cx bike....

Looking across the fields from 12th Street....
Rolling on 12th....

Picked up a hitch-hiker near New Hartford....


Took a little break....


Little Jake with his parrot hat....


Yo!



Saturday's 40 mile gravel grinder took me to New Hartford and Finchford then across Cedar Wapsi to Ford Road and back into town. BEAUTIFUL day for a ride! Mid 70's and very little wind. It was good!


Saturday afternoon found us fighting the idiocy in Iowa City when we went to the University of Iowa Hospital to see Little Jake after they performed a tracheostomy to prepare him for some reconstrucive facial surgery in the near future. He's a trooper! Oh yeah, the Hawkeyes played the Orangemen last night at 7. It was crazy down there. Kinnick Stadium is directly across the street from the hospital. 78,000 rabid fans at the game. I don't care that much about football in the first place, and I care even less about the Hawkeyes. Oh well, we survived.


It looks as though fall is just around the corner. My favorite season..... The forecast is for highs in the 60's and low 70's for the next few days with overnight lows in the upper 30's and lower 40's. Perfect sleeping weather.


That's it for now.


Ride safe!


Peace out, yo!








7 Comments:

Blogger Ari said...

Blue, got out and did a gravel grinder out in illinois. I live south of Rockford, near Dekalb. I left the Chicago suburbs to be more out in the country. I have so many places to ride to now its like Im on Crack.
I love the gravel and during all my ride no cars passed me. What a beutiful day it was.
I am glad you got out too. How do you like your Cdale.
ari

9:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good looking CXer.
I see you took the MoJo out for a ride too.
I'm with you on football; used to play but really don't give it much thought these days. I would rather watch soccer!
Looks like it was a great day on the bike!

10:30 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

ari... the only thing about gravel that i don't like are the occasional dogs and brand new gravel. most of the time it's great! i like the c'dale a lot! it's a nice bike and very affordable.

oldman.... i like soccer too. i played it when i was in the army in germany. great sport! diggin' the mojo bag!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - 12th Street? That looks like a rural gravel road.

Best of luck to Baby Jake for a quick recovery.

9:18 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

thanks chris. he's a pretty tough little guy and my buddy. he'll be fine. he has nager syndrome and he's been through a lot already with more to come but he will be fine. :) yeah, it's 12th until you get to the county line then it becomes 120th street. who knows how they name those old gravel roads?

10:13 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

Blue I tried a single minewt night rider and it worked awesome. What about your cateye system??? Any comments are welcome on light issue.
thanks,
Ari

10:27 PM  
Blogger Jeff Moser said...

Man, it kills me to see kids in the hospital! As adults we usually earn our way into the hospital through the stupid things we do, but kids are so innocent. They sure are brave though! Hope Jake feels better soon.

Cool mojo shots! I'm gonna steal one...

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home