Thursday, November 15, 2007

Getting cool....


Hwy 58 and Ridgeway....
Downtown Hudson....
Welcome to Hudson....
It was dark when I left at 6:30 this evening for a ride to Hudson on the C50. It was also 38 F. 34F by the time I got home. I wore knickers and a Pearl Jacket with a long sleeved Under Armour shirt, a short sleeve UA shirt, and a jersey underneath. No booties or gators. Brrrrrrrr..... Craft headband to keep the ears warm and my C'dale gloves. My upper body was warm enough but my feet got cold. Should've worn gators. And tights. Or tights and knickers. That would've been fine. Once I got rolling the fingers were fine and the upper body warmed up nicely. Oh well, it's better than whatever happens to be on the tube tonight, I'm sure. I didn't meet a single cyclist or walker tonight. No cars on the recently re-paved Ho Chi Minh Trail. No one walking their dogs with 25 foot leashes. It was good. Really good. 25 miles in an hour and 30 minutes. :) My wife thinks I'm nutty but she accepts it as perfectly normal when I go out at night and walk or cross country ski for 3 hours. Figure that one out. It's all good!
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!


13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. C50...were there any railroad tracks on the way there???!! :) Next time you do a temperature shot, you should try it over the back...or better yet include the temp. guage in a "Kerkovian shot"!!

9:12 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

Fat Albert....

No tracks.... I thought I might see you out there tonight. Disappointed I didn't! Kerkovian shot? You don't trust me? That REALLY disappoints me. We'll have to talk about that sometime.... I'll buy the first 3 rounds.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Travel Gravel said...

Blue, Love the pics from Branson! We were there 2 years ago for family vacation, but I had no bike with me at the time:( Perved on all the hills though, imagining the gravel there:)... I have an old Bianchi from Sunshine Cycles in Hudson. Are they still there? Later!

11:15 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

thanks, gravel. if you get back down there go see craig at downhill bikes about trails to ride. he'll help you out for sure. sunshine cycles isn't around anymore but the owner is still around. i raced for him in the mid 80's and still have a couple of the jerseys. good times!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, there is the first "sign" of winter.
A Blue "bank" temperature pic!
Hey, I hate to break this to you, but your wife doesn't 'think' your nutty, she knows your nutty!
And you are for riding in those temps. I am only riding the couch when it is in the 30's!

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's not nutty...he has issues!!! :) First 3 rounds huh...hmmmmm...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....Then the next 3 or 4 are on me??

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have lots of fat on me to help absorb the alcohol!!! Can you get an OWI riding your bike through the trails at Hartman????

2:52 PM  
Blogger weak and feeble said...

starting to snow over here in the White Mountains- Winter can't be far behind.

2:59 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

fat albert....
i'd be worried about getting from toad's to the trail. you know the cf police would give you a public intox citation. little ashley wouldn't be able to help you.

weak and feeble...

i feel winter coming. blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

5:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - I am looking forward to seeing single digits at the bank.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

Chris don't be mean. Maybe you should visit us in Iowa or Chicago in January and we can go for a spin in the single digits.
ari
from Chicago

8:15 PM  
Blogger Jeff Moser said...

It was in the 20's for my morning commute this morning, but I wore a fleece vest under my wind jacket. I was ready to burst into flames by the time I got to work! That's the cool thing about riding in the cold...built in heater!

The only ice on the ground was at the U-Haul station. Someone forgot to turn off the sprinklers... Doh!

6:38 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

jeff....

20's is good! :) that's hardcore!

jackal and i are planning to ride to my other son's home in readlyn for thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. temps in the mid 20's, nnw wind at 10 to 15. 23 miles of blacktop heading north east.... should be good. that is assuming that the snow stops. don't want to mix snow covered county roads, cars, and bicycles. even i'm not that nutty. it's all good!

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home