Saturday, November 10, 2007

BROOTAL Winds....

Jackal's new Cannondale....
The trail south of Wally-World....
Tucked in out of the wind....
Jackal checking things out....
48F in Hudson. 24 degrees warmer than it was at 6 a.m.
Amen....



Jackal and I went for a 25 miler this afternoon to shake down his new Liquigas System-Six. That is one sweet ride! It weighs in at a whopping 16 pounds! That's over a full pound lighter than my C50!!! WOW!
We took the bike trail from Pfeiffer out through the intersections of death and on past Kat's CX course then south past Wally World and on to Hudson. The winds were a sustained 20 mph out of the SSE with frequent gusts to 30. BROOTAL!!! Jackal is a great riding partner in those conditions as I can tuck in close and not worry about him moving over and whacking me. He rides a nice straight line even when the conditions suck. I just keep repeating Kerkove's famous words over and over in my mind.... "The wind is our mountains". It doesn't make it hurt any less but it takes my mind off the burn. I have to tell you though, the ride north out of Hudson was SWEET! We rode the Ho Chi Minh Trail with a tailwind. I was surprised that they had repaved the entire stretch of road from Hudson all the way to Shoitz Engineering. Whoa!
We stopped at the shop when we got back into town so that Bottke and Craig could see the new C' dale. I think that both were duly impressed. Very nice bicycle!
Ok, that's it for now.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

You two look like a couple of ProTour riders.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

Glad you had a good time on vacation. The wife and I really need to get away for a while. Her semester will be over in december and I am planning on going somewhere then. Been riding a lot alone and I am still hoping to make the trip over to Iowa to meet you guys for a spin. Trans Iowa is on my mind and will keep me busy for the winter.
Glad to have you back,
Ari
from Chicago

12:56 AM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

I got a report of a sighting of you two from my buddy David Pals who was puttin' in a near century ride from Marengo to Shell Rock that day.

Said he saw you two somewhere around south of town.

Nice looking pair! ;)

9:19 PM  
Blogger weak and feeble said...

we need one of those billboards.

dea

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home