Friday, November 02, 2007

Blue Colnago....



Sweet, huh? Colnago is producing a new line of CX bikes this year. They are made in Italy and are "relatively" inexpensive. The bike pictured here is the 105 version. It's also available with Ultegra for (quite) a few dollars more. I'd have to sell at least one of my current bikes, probably the Cannondale, which I like quite a lot. Perhaps Santa will be really, really good to me this year? Check it out here. (The CRD on that rear wheel would definately have to go....)
We're off to southern Missouri in the morning. I told the guys at work today that I'd rather be at work than fly fishing for trout and riding my mountain bike in 70 degree temps and I actually had several people offer to go in my place. I had to turn them all down since I feel I need to set a good example and go ahead and do the dirty work myself. I was somewhat surprised since none of them get that excited when I need them to work overtime, especially on a Saturday. Hmmmmm..... Strange. Ahhhhhhh well. It's all good!
The Blazer is in the driveway tonight for the first time in 9 weeks. The Jetta is there too. The road isn't open yet but I suspect it will be by tomorrow, or Monday at the latest. It's kinda nice.
Brother of Jackal came home tonight with more ink work on his body. 2 hours worth. Man, that's gotta hurt!
That's it for now. No posting till Thursday at the earliest. Probably Friday.
I hope that everyone has fun on their bikes! Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

That's a sweet bike Blue. You may be sleeping with the bikes if you drag another one home. Have a good trip.

9:11 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

i wonder how i could sneak that into the house without her noticing....... ;)

10:17 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Have a great trip. I'm jealous! I want to get your take on some of the riding down that way. There may be a trip south in the winter for testing, and I need eyewitness info!

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pink...first of all hope the trip goes well and that you have a blast! Just remember to watch the poles while you are fishing and not get too occupied with drinking a beer!!! Secondly, I see you must have some "connections" as your favorite railroad tracks (aka bottle gobblers) are now perfectly smooth. I'm impressed!!! Now if we can only keep Ron from losing his bottles from his cages...

4:51 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

Blue, have a good trip and I hope you get a chance to chill.
Fishing and Riding sounds good.
Ari

12:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That Colnago is really a sweet ride even with Ultegra. I can get a full Slingshot DDX for around $1850 so I'm sure there would be pressure to support the local guy if I choose to buy a cross bike!
Man, I could use a vacation right now. Warm temperatures, bike riding and fishing sounds pretty damn nice! Even if I had to go to Missouri to enjoy it!! :^)
Have a great time.

8:28 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

g-ted....

good seeing you last night! the commuting must be starting to get a bit chilly, eh? you be 'da man!

fat albert....

the rods were good to me! well, fairly good. :) you know i'll have to go over to cf and ride over those tracks now. you must have some serious pull with the railroad to get them fixed!

ari....

it was a good trip. i definitely had achance to just chill out!

oldman....

i hear ya on supporting your l.b.s. i wish we had a colnago dealer here in town. the slingshot sounds like a prety good deal!

it was warm in missouri all but one day. i was out wading anyway.... i lose all track of time down there.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home