Sunday, March 23, 2008

So, there I was....


Just riding along, picking my nose....
Snow pile, west side of the Dome parking lot....
The UNI Dome from the SW corner....
I figure that I better start off easy this year so I rode 2o miles on the CX bike again today. 31F was just a couple of degrees cooler than yesterday, but it still wasn't bad.... The wind was out of the NW at about 12 mph so scooting south on Union Road to 27th Street was pretty sweet! (The roads have quite a few pot holes and cracks but nothing too major and not a lot of snow) The only "incident" occured after I had turned east onto 27th Street and some young bimbo in a silver Cavalier heading west decided to pass the car ahead of her that was turning north onto Union Road. She pulled out from behind that car and saw me there and then mashed the gas.... I slipped all the way over to the white line so she wouldn't whack me. A good 2 feet clearance. She had that "I just did something really stupid" look on her face. I hope she pooped her pants. I hope she looks before pulling out into the other lane next time. Bimbo.
They apparently did a great job of keeping the Dome parking lot clean this year as the pavement was perfectly dry and there are 8' piles of snow along the west edge.
I was just starting to climb Grand on my way home when my phone started ringing. I pulled over to answer it and saw that it was Judy calling.... She asked where I was at. I said "I'm riding my bike...." She said "DUH, I know you're riding your bike. Where are you"? I told her that I was on Grand and that I'd be home in less than 10 minutes. She said "I just wanted to tell you there's a bicycle race on TV". "Which one?" I asked. "I don't know, it's in Italy. I think. Not sure". I said "it must be Milan-San Remo". "Whatever", she said. By now I'm smiling. She's a piece of work :) Anyway, I beat feet to get home to watch the rest of the race. Jackal and Moo had The Queen of Cross at the house in her Easter dress. Cute. Pink dress, pink hat. She wears it well.... (Rod Stewart?)
Anyway, today's lesson learned is that one can take a Kerkove shot while picking one's nose with a glove on while riding in a cross wind.....
G-Ted should be home from Tay-Has sometime today or tonight. Sounds like he's been having a great vacation down in old El Paso.... (Marty Robbins?)
It sounds like the Bike Tech crew had a productive weekend at the Lake Mac Bride races. Congrats, folks!
That's all for now.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!


13 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

And what a great race it was. Fabian's move was absolutely fantastic.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Hey, glad you were able to get out and ride some. Me? I was freezing to death everytime I had to get out of the car due to being spoilt by 70-80 degree temps and sunshine for most of last week!

Nice "kerkove" shot. So, are you taking over that role, or are we all going to start posting "nose picking" shots? :>)

7:25 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

How can you pick your nose with a glove on? I usually can't fit my finger far enough in to get a good purchase.

8:28 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

chris....

it was great!

g-ted....

no one picks their nose quite like kerkove does....

andy....

big nose

8:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Too cold and some icy spots to get a ride in here. Glad you got out. Even if you did have to deal with "bimbos"!
Might want to keep both hands on the bar next time! :^)

4:14 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

both hands on the bar? i wouldn't be able to get the nose pickin' shots then. :)

7:40 PM  
Blogger Captain Bob said...

Oh man.. Glad she missed you Blue.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

Blue, this winter is killing me. I feel like i have successfully lowered my core body temperature. Please dont send anymore snow to IL.
Ari

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you still digging for the booger?? Have to call the fire rescue to get your finger out of your nose??

12:26 AM  
Blogger Jeff Kerkove said...

Mmmmm, boogers.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Adam Lorenz said...

good form.

I give it a 10!

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he's still knuckle deep digging for that booger!!!

11:56 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

cap'n....
thanks! i'm glad too. i have to admit that the first thought through my mind was "i'm entitled to the use of the lane. she's encroaching on my space. i'm not going off the road for her." not the brightest bulb in the box, eh?

ari....
no more iowa snow to illinois. you've been riding all winter though, which is more than i can say for myself. i've been slacking.

anonymous....
yeah, still digging for the motherlode. don't want fire rescue involved, please ;)

kerkove....
just trying to put what you've taught me to good use. good luck in moab!

a.lo....
thanks, brutha!

anonymous....
2 knuckles deep. go hard or stay home, right?

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home